Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will buy your child their dream Xmas present

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is a contest. Yes I'm for real. I am going anon because I am a well known member and I don't want any recognition.

1. Tell me what your child really wants and why.
2. Obviously I will choose something reasonable. I don't believe any child NEEDS expensive electronics so no TVs or PS3s but toys in general are fine.
3. You must not be anon.
4. You must be willing to post here that you did get the item/toy(once you get it) but you must not reveal who I am.
5. I would prefer if you take pics when he/she opens it so I can see you didn't just sell it or something.

I will pick someone by midnight tonight pacific time.

I've decided to pick a few winners. This is not based on some random concept of deservedness or any one factor. For certain people, it's because I've seen them around and they aren't nasty or rude. Others it's because their request is easy to fulfill. Some it's just because I like their story. Thank you to those who have participated and not been rude or obnoxious.

I did choose a few winners and they have been messaged. Presents have all been shipped. Happy holidays everyone!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Replies (701-709):
Chrissy0918
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 7:17 PM
I'm so sorry you didn't get a thank you! That's awful. What you did is wonderful. Hugs and merry Christmas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
siennasmamma
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 7:20 PM
You are a wonderful person for doing this for families you don't even know. It's sad to think it wasn't appreciated and you didn't even get a simple thank you.
Anariama
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Nothing worse than people who cant say a simple thank you or acknowledge something.Unfortunately it is becoming a loss art. That was very kind of you to help though,hopefully you put smiles on some kids faces.

scoutfamilyof7
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Ahh I just saw this post. My girls would have loved to go see Les Mis. We have come into a very rough patch and that was one of the biggest things they wanted was for the 4 of us to see it. We are hoping this weekend if our finances are good. I hope the people you sent out say thank you because that was beyond nice of you.

AMDS0304
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 8:10 PM
I agree they could have at least thanked her!

Quoting Anonymous:

That was really wonderful of you! I can't believe you didn't get so much as a thank you :/ People have no manners these days, and it is truly shameful.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Wow what a bunch of tools!!
Im sorry mama. But you know you did a very nice thing for a couple of kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

I used amazon.com so they all got them within 5 days of me selecting the winners, depending on when I heard from them. I also sent some pillow pets I had to another member but I don't know when she got them as I stupidly used parcel post. But The others I know got their gifts and only the mommy here who I got the gift card for bothered to tell me she got her gift card. The rest didn't say a thing after getting it, not even a mention of getting it. Makes me sad in a way but all I hope is that they went to children who are happy to have them. After all, I tried to have as few strings attached as possible, so that's what I get I suppose.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you really didn't hear from anyone yet? This post says nov. Xmas is like 4 days away, when did they get it?

Quoting Anonymous:

You and me both. I pretty much didn't hear from anyone after they got their gifts:-/

Quoting Supervane:

Cant wait to see how everyone used their gifts from this post!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2012 at 9:24 PM
I'm just hoping that the gifts actually went to kids:(
Quoting LoveMyLos:

Wow what a bunch of tools!!

Im sorry mama. But you know you did a very nice thing for a couple of kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

I used amazon.com so they all got them within 5 days of me selecting the winners, depending on when I heard from them. I also sent some pillow pets I had to another member but I don't know when she got them as I stupidly used parcel post. But The others I know got their gifts and only the mommy here who I got the gift card for bothered to tell me she got her gift card. The rest didn't say a thing after getting it, not even a mention of getting it. Makes me sad in a way but all I hope is that they went to children who are happy to have them. After all, I tried to have as few strings attached as possible, so that's what I get I suppose.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you really didn't hear from anyone yet? This post says nov. Xmas is like 4 days away, when did they get it?

Quoting Anonymous:

You and me both. I pretty much didn't hear from anyone after they got their gifts:-/

Quoting Supervane:

Cant wait to see how everyone used their gifts from this post!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
True. I do hope that the kids actually got them. Thats all that matters. I didnt give so they could sell it for cheap wine or something, lol.

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Not stupid. You give to give, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope so but I kind of doubt it at this point. I won't be doing this again. My stupidity.

Quoting kjsmama0206:

Maybe they are just waiting to show a picture when their kids open it on Christmas?
lawgirlmom
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I don't know how I missed this post originally.... What a wonderful thing to offer and give. It is awful that you didn't get any thank you's for the blessings you gave. I would've been thanking you daily. I wish I  had  seen the November post- maybe I could've avoided what I experienced this morning as the most humiliating Christmas ever for a mom. I didn't have even a dollar to stuff in my kids stockings this year. Seriously, I couldn't afford to buy a single thing for them. I had already explained to them that this year was super lean and how sorry I was that there wouldn't be any presents this year. Then this morning I go to the kitchen to get some coffee and my daughter is sitting in front of the tree (fake, had it for years) and I kissed her head and commented that next year had to get better. My daughter then said how sad it was to see nothing under the tree. I reminded her that I did explain the situation and why no gifts, but then she broke my heart... she said that she knows what I said, but she figured I was saying it 'just in case'. I asked her just in case of what? She then let me know that whenever things are tight, I always find a way, that I always come thru for her and her brother to be able to give them whatever it is they are in need of, and so she thought I would again.

OMG... My babies actually believed I would somehow magically make more $ appear after paying bills and groceries.... Why not? I have in the past. But not this year. Sadder than a tree without gifts under it was my daughter's face... I have felt miserable all day.

So, to whomever the moms are who recieved the gracious gifts that the original poster  generously gave, shame, shame, shame on you for not acknowledging how grateful you are! You women were bestowed with a random act of kindness that should have had you thanking OP for rescuing you all from having a Christmas morning like I had. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)