Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

to those that work in the school system. why is bullying so ignored?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

granted, I know that sometimes it's a child that has been molested or things like that, so sometimes there's limits as to what you can do to a child like that, but I see it time and time again.

a child is assulting another student a child is bullying, and it seems that everyone just turns their back and ignores it. then when the victim finally fights back, then they are all over it, wanted to punish the child that finally fought back.

it was the case over 30 years ago when I was in school, and it's the case now. Don't tell me it's because they could prove it when the victim fought back, but couldn't before, because in my case things happened right in front of teachers aids. at best they just said they didn't see anything, or claimed it wasn't their job to deal with it. then when the bully ended up in the office with a bloody nose, then it was a entirely different story.

there's got to be a reason for all this, could someone who works at a school please shed some light as to why this continues to go on?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
alwayskk
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I'm a substitute. I address any and all behavior that I see, hear, or is reported to me. 

Every day, all day long, I will intervene only to be told that someone else started it...but I do address it.

1stpreggers
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM
How does one regulate things that aren't physical? It's hard to punish children for words that aren't offensive (cuss words, racial remarks etc). Just about anything can be considered bullying nowadays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM

It isn't ignored in our school. My son came home and said he was being picked on. I emailed the teacher and the teacher moved them apart, makes sure they aren't in any groups together and they don't even stand near each other in line. My son says things are a lot better now. The kids bullying him also sees the school counselor now to talk about why he feels the need to bully and what needs to be done to stop.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I'm takling about mostly the physical things or the things that are against the rules like cuss words and racial remarks.

things like this are witnessed and most the times the school claim theres nothing that can be done. So I"d like to know why this is such a common practice

Quoting 1stpreggers:

How does one regulate things that aren't physical? It's hard to punish children for words that aren't offensive (cuss words, racial remarks etc). Just about anything can be considered bullying nowadays.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN