Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would u report your own child????

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

so another woman here posted about a 16 year old that killed her neighbor and her two kids. in this story the girl confessed to her mother and her mother called the police and turned her in. so it got me thinking and im curious......if one of your children came to u and confessed a henious crime like murder......would u turn them in? if not, how would u handle it????

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Replies (91-99):
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Yes i would
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Yes I would even if it was self defense

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Unless it was in self defense then yes, I would.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hargonagain
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I would in a heart beat.  I work at a prison and have seen so family members willing to take the fall for someone who has committed a crime.  I have seen parents try to help their children escape, smuggle contraband in, get arrested, send mass amounts of money and so on.  I talk to my 5 year old about prison and how bad people go there and how it is no fun etc.  I took my ex's kids to Scared Straight when they were teens and I will take mine when he is old enough.  It is extemely important that kids know what the consequences of their actions are.

You would be shocked and sickened if you knew just how many 17, 18 and 19 year olds there are in California doing life in prison for some stupid decision they made or literally being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  If you thinkt he justice system is fair, think again!

I know of an inmate who was a high school senior, her older brother and cousin picked her up from school.  On the way to take her home, they stopped at a convenience store, she stayed in the back seat while they went into the store.  They robbed the clerk and killed him and jumped back in the car and took off and told her what happened.  She didn't call anyone or tell anyone what happened.  When the cops finally caught the brother and cousin, they charged her with accessory to murder and she got life in prison right along side of them.  All because she didn't tell anyone.  Unfortuantley, her story isn't isolated.  When my cousin had just turned 18, a friend of his gave him a master key for a car dealership.  Him a three of his friends went to the car dealership late one night and took a bunch of cars out joyriding.  They didn't damage anything, they just drove a bunch of them around and took them back.  They got caught (of course) and my cousin, who was 18, was charged with 15 counts of grand theft auto and 3 counts of contributing to the delinquency of minors, his friends were all 16 and 17 years old.  He is so lucky that they did not three strike him on that case.  Should he have done it?  NO!  Should he have done jail time?  YES!  Was it stupid?  YES!  kids (even 18-20 year olds are still kids in my book) just don't think sometimes. 

Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

yup. 

nelliesmommy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I think I would but idk. 

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I agree.

Quoting Matriarch87:

Too hard. Cant answer. Too many variables.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM

no bashing....just curious about what others think....

Quoting PiNkIsPuNk:

Yes, I would disown them UNLESS it was a self defense case. I could stand by and support my child, but if it was cold blooded murder HELL NO! Bash me all you want.

Quoting Anonymous:

wow really? so what is that line where u wouuld actually stop supporting your child? i mean most of these women even though theyd report their kid it sounds like theyd still stand by thier kid and love and support them. u would literally disown them? 

Quoting PiNkIsPuNk:

Yes, and that would be the end of our relationship as mother and child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Well then that maybe would happen but I wouldn't call the cops myself..

Quoting mommy425906:

Mental help like therapy? Because in that case he/she would most likely discuss the crime to actually benefit from the therapy - and the shrink would be obligated to report it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think I would I would however bring them to get mental help..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)