Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

give it to me straight - is this a good x-mas card idea? - EDITED with 2nd picture choice

Posted by   + Show Post

This pic

with the words

"santa's been watching ALL year?"

and then under the pic

"Hope you find yourself on the nice list this year.  Happy Holidays"

another option for the photo - I would use a different saying on the card

this is the same pic as above, just cropped in more

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
702girly
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Quoting illinoismommy83:

What do YOU do with your Christmas cards? If you are like most people you look at them for 30 seconds, put it in the pile with the other Christmas cards, then throw them all out on Dec 26th.

Don't over analyze your card. If you like it, send it. No one else is going to think twice about it.

I will admit though, in the 30 seconds that I am glancing at a card, I do smile more over a beautiful family photo where as I'd be more likely to toss your card down sooner since I'm not a fan of the "my kids won't smile in photos for some reason and this is the best shot we got" look. No matter the pose I'd be throwing it out on Dec 26

Really? You don't keep the pictures of your family members or close friends?

That's so weird to me. Christmas cards are the only photos I get all year of some family members. I keep them.

giroirk
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM
It isn't my favorite picture. Something just looks off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM

i think this is 2 pictures mixed together.  the little girls head was added.  you can tell by the way her chin is over her thumb.  

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM

no but I am sure I can get it, I will email her

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Let's see the original.  Do you have that?

Quoting sfkdny:

I wonder if I can ask her to try to fix the picture....

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Too much photoshop, it looks like his head popped off.

NNB
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

You can really tell you have manipulated this alot, your daughters face doesn't fit properly in its position, her arm is too close to the boys face and neck, Your son doesn't appear to have a body. The idea is noce, i think it's a bit over worked though

illinoismommy83
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I use Facebook. I see everyone's kids all year long online. I do make an effort to mail out recent pics to my elderly family members all year long though.

Quoting 702girly:

Quoting illinoismommy83:

What do YOU do with your Christmas cards? If you are like most people you look at them for 30 seconds, put it in the pile with the other Christmas cards, then throw them all out on Dec 26th.

Don't over analyze your card. If you like it, send it. No one else is going to think twice about it.

I will admit though, in the 30 seconds that I am glancing at a card, I do smile more over a beautiful family photo where as I'd be more likely to toss your card down sooner since I'm not a fan of the "my kids won't smile in photos for some reason and this is the best shot we got" look. No matter the pose I'd be throwing it out on Dec 26

That's so weird to me. Christmas cards are the only photos I get all year of some family members. I keep them.

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM

BUMP for another picture choice.  would this one be better to use?

702girly
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I use facebook too but I still like having physical pictures.

Maybe I'm just weird. LOL

Quoting illinoismommy83:

I use Facebook. I see everyone's kids all year long online. I do make an effort to mail out recent pics to my elderly family members all year long though.

Quoting 702girly:

Quoting illinoismommy83:

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM

as I said, I did not edit these photos, someone else did.  I asked her for the untouched shot. 

Quoting NNB:

You can really tell you have manipulated this alot, your daughters face doesn't fit properly in its position, her arm is too close to the boys face and neck, Your son doesn't appear to have a body. The idea is noce, i think it's a bit over worked though

workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:59 AM

photo #3 and I think the caption is fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)