Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you actually save money?? Im curious...

Posted by   + Show Post
I meticulously plan a budget with a forecast months in advance. I try really hard to live on what I make and while it seems I do fairly well Im just curious...

Do other (especially single) moms in this forum have a savings acct theyre building up??

On a side note... I want to have a grand saved by Dec 31, 2012 and Im on target so far :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Replies (51-60):
FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I'm not a single mom

but yes I have savings.

You have to spend less than you make.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM

yep about 2k a month

valdezmama
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Do I hear a Dave Ramsey reference??? I LOVE HIM!!! <3<3<3

Keep up the good work... slow n steady wins the race :-)

Quoting ChristyG2012:

That's exactly what we're doing too! Other than the bills we pay online we take it all out in cash & put it in envelopes. For food, baby, house, & spending!

Quoting valdezmama:

Im a budgeting nazi lol

I also pay my bills the same day i get paid so I cant overspend.

I also give myself a cash allowance so that works well... once the cash is gone... no more spending!!

Quoting ChristyG2012:

We're trying this new budget to keep our spending reigned in. We tried to account for every penny so we know exactly where our money's going. The ONLY good thing about my husband being on salary is its easy to budget!!

Quoting valdezmama:

I hear ya :-) Im trying hard to cut expenses and drive up my income to boost savings. Good luck!!

Quoting ChristyG2012:

Man I would LOVE having most of these women's savings accounts! I can save maybe $50-$100 a month. But we're trying to build it up. We'd really LOVE to buy a house soon!!

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
All of our expense checks and bonuses go into savings. That's a good chunk of money each month.
.gumdrop.
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Only a small amount in savings actually... But we have college funds and retirements, we Try to save , but seems there is always something

Tires
Plumbing
Sprinkler systems lol

We've only been in our house a year so we've spent a lot this year on it. So we will be saving more now that we are situated here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Well I'm not a single mom but yes we are definitely putting as much money away as possible to build up our saving account/vacation account and college account.

valdezmama
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Smart idea!!

Ive taught my kids to save 80% of all money given to them as gifts. they have tons of stuff anyway :-)

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

All of our expense checks and bonuses go into savings. That's a good chunk of money each month.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM
We do that as well. My grandparents usually send monetary gifts for holidays, birthday, etc. that goes into savings for us and the kids as well.

Quoting valdezmama:

Smart idea!!

Ive taught my kids to save 80% of all money given to them as gifts. they have tons of stuff anyway :-)

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

valdezmama
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Ive found I save better when I am tricking myself lol

And this time I got my kids involved... We made a giant goal poster that has our $1000 goal on it and everytime we deposit money into savings we color it in. They love it and it keeps me accountable because they look for ways to save and contribute too :-)

Quoting chloesmommy777:

I should more... I like your ideas :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I do have a savings account but only $24 is in it :-(,I don't have a job but I do get Money for Birthday/Holiday Presents and for other things,me & my kids live with my Mom...Usually I am a HORRIBLE spender and any money that does get saved usually gets spent but this year I am NOT going to be spending I will save any extra Money that I recieve...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)