Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you actually save money?? Im curious...

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM
  • 71 Replies
2 moms liked this
I meticulously plan a budget with a forecast months in advance. I try really hard to live on what I make and while it seems I do fairly well Im just curious...

Do other (especially single) moms in this forum have a savings acct theyre building up??

On a side note... I want to have a grand saved by Dec 31, 2012 and Im on target so far :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM
4 moms liked this
Budgeting is THE reason we have a savings. We are actively building up a savings for a piece of property for a weekend home (not what it sounds like)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Yes. We save $1900/ month

valdezmama
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Thats awesome!! Im glad to hear you have a goal. Good luck and youll be buying that new property sooner than you realize!!

Dont apologize for using your money well. You deserve good things when you put hard work and real effort into getting them :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Budgeting is THE reason we have a savings. We are actively building up a savings for a piece of property for a weekend home (not what it sounds like)

tennisgal
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I am meticulous and DH...not so much. We have had our share of arguments (not over the spending b/c he's not a spender) but over the accountability of it (i guess). 

like if I said, "we have $250 for groceries but he felt like pork chops one night even though it wasn't on the menu, he would run out and spend the $20 even if it put us over budget"

his thinking is, we have the money, so I can spend it. 

valdezmama
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Awesome!! I can save about 800/mo but for living on my own and being a single mom thats not too shabby!

Keep up the good work!! Do you have a goal for your savings?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. We save $1900/ month

Fabulous24
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
We make enough to save and not have to live on a budget. We're not rich or anything, but we don't have to budget what we can or cannot spend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Savings is the first "bill" I pay. I could put a lot more in savings than I do, though.

valdezmama
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Its hard balancing that out. My exh was the same way. Keep working at it :-) he will come around.... or put him on allowance lol JK!!!

Quoting tennisgal:

I am meticulous and DH...not so much. We have had our share of arguments (not over the spending b/c he's not a spender) but over the accountability of it (i guess). 

like if I said, "we have $250 for groceries but he felt like pork chops one night even though it wasn't on the menu, he would run out and spend the $20 even if it put us over budget"

his thinking is, we have the money, so I can spend it. 

SusanD
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

We save quite a bit. Our savings plan is a little different than most. Since graduating college and going to work we have continued to live as though we have only my DH's salary (for the most part...with a few splurges here and there). So while our income doubled (or more) we have not lived as though we have double the income. Instead we live just like we did before, with a few exceptions, and save a considerable amount.

nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM

i try. but in the end impulse buying wins...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)