Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you actually save money?? Im curious...

Posted by   + Show Post
I meticulously plan a budget with a forecast months in advance. I try really hard to live on what I make and while it seems I do fairly well Im just curious...

Do other (especially single) moms in this forum have a savings acct theyre building up??

On a side note... I want to have a grand saved by Dec 31, 2012 and Im on target so far :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:48 PM

We have a savings account. Not a single mom though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I put at least 20$ a check into savings, but I like to do more if I can. I have about 700$ right now.
TexasWife
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom charges us "rent". I also have a "jc" envelope.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, we save about 600-800 a month
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I cant imagine not having a savings account.  My husband works a lot of overtime because it's offered and he thinks it's silly to not work it. We dont count his overtime as part of his paycheck though...it's just extra and goes into savings.

skymama10
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm single. I'm finally in the position to save money. After xmas I should be able to put $100 a month away. In February that number will go up to $300. I an also determined to quit smoking, upping that number yet again. I REALLY want a house, and to send my dd to private school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
valdezmama
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I didnt ever save any money in my entire life until the beginning of 2012 and I dont know how i dealt with being so stressed over money for so many years :-\

Quoting auntietotty:

I cant imagine not having a savings account.  My husband works a lot of overtime because it's offered and he thinks it's silly to not work it. We dont count his overtime as part of his paycheck though...it's just extra and goes into savings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I don't trust banks either. Have you investigated local credit unions?

Quoting Anonymous:

i don't have a saving account because i don't trust banks but i do try to save, i have a safe at my house and i put money back, if it is in their i forget about it so i don't use it. What i have been putting back so far is going  toward my new phone and christmas, so after Christmas i will start saving again. I have only been saving for a couple of months but i think i have done good. I have almost $400 saved up would be closer to $600 but had to  break into it a couple a weeks ago to survive until payday.

valdezmama
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM
I REALLY want a house again too. I had one before me and the ex got divorced. Im hoping for buy a house early to middle of next year.

Quoting skymama10:

I'm single. I'm finally in the position to save money. After xmas I should be able to put $100 a month away. In February that number will go up to $300. I an also determined to quit smoking, upping that number yet again. I REALLY want a house, and to send my dd to private school.

skymama10
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I've been looking in to rent to own homes. Coming up with a down payment is a daunting task.

Quoting valdezmama:

I REALLY want a house again too. I had one before me and the ex got divorced. Im hoping for buy a house early to middle of next year.

Quoting skymama10:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN