Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you actually save money?? Im curious...

Posted by   + Show Post
I meticulously plan a budget with a forecast months in advance. I try really hard to live on what I make and while it seems I do fairly well Im just curious...

Do other (especially single) moms in this forum have a savings acct theyre building up??

On a side note... I want to have a grand saved by Dec 31, 2012 and Im on target so far :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Replies (61-70):
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:30 PM

We live on one income. (i'm a sahm). We have a budget and we try to stick to it. My dh isn't always helpful with this.he'll tell me he needs something but after all the bills are paid or w/e. so i haven't planned cash for it. We are slowly building up a savings as well as throwing a lot of money on our debt (thankfully we dont have a ton but it's still to much in our opinion). I'm on target to getting our debt paid off by the times i have given myselfso I would like to keep it that way. My goal is to get 10,000 or so in savings but i haven't set a deadline for that yet.

valdezmama
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:30 PM
I have been there too!

Good luck adding to that savings acct mams!

Quoting Anonymous:

I do have a savings account but only $24 is in it :-(,I don't have a job but I do get Money for Birthday/Holiday Presents and for other things,me & my kids live with my Mom...Usually I am a HORRIBLE spender and any money that does get saved usually gets spent but this year I am NOT going to be spending I will save any extra Money that I recieve...

ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM

oo i lvoe this idea. plus it gets the kids into the idea of saving money and making it fun :)

Quoting valdezmama:

Ive found I save better when I am tricking myself lol

And this time I got my kids involved... We made a giant goal poster that has our $1000 goal on it and everytime we deposit money into savings we color it in. They love it and it keeps me accountable because they look for ways to save and contribute too :-)

Quoting chloesmommy777:

I should more... I like your ideas :)

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. We put about $300-700 in savings every month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I save 125$ usually but end up saving 3-400$ monthly.

Not bad for someone on disability who gets ZERO PA i think. :)

armyslpbaby
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I save half my husband's paycheck each month since we've been married

valdezmama
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:42 PM
This savings goal has turned my 14yr old son into a cook!! He knows it costs way more to eat out so hes volunteered to cook 3x a week so we can save money

My 6yr old son is our official electricity police lol He goes all over our apt turning off lights and even gets a grumpy attitude when most of our lights are on because he heard at school it wastes money lol

Quoting ilovemykids323:

oo i lvoe this idea. plus it gets the kids into the idea of saving money and making it fun :)

Quoting valdezmama:

Ive found I save better when I am tricking myself lol

And this time I got my kids involved... We made a giant goal poster that has our $1000 goal on it and everytime we deposit money into savings we color it in. They love it and it keeps me accountable because they look for ways to save and contribute too :-)

Quoting chloesmommy777:

I should more... I like your ideas :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

We save 1k a month.Its something,I wish it was more but our mort and car  will be paid off next yr and then we will be able to save more.When I go back to work,I will save all my $$.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
400 a paycheck every two Weeks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Yes, it takes a lot of discipline but I've been able to save $1,000/mo for several months now. That first grand was the hardest but after that it's been smooth sailing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN