Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You wanted to know what the problem is and now you're pouting like a 2 year old.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I have no sex drive and as stupid as it may be, it took me a while to figure out why.

I'm a sahm who cleans the bulk of the house duringvthe day. I don't mind. I cook dinner and generally clean up everyone's mess. That's fine. Then, after the kids are in bed, I clean up whatever mess has been made since they got home (not toys and stuff, just general traffic mess). While I do this, dh relaxes and then goes to bed. Again, no big deal.

This is what irritates me. I'm up 1-2 hours later and up an hour earlier than him. I'm tired and I don't want to have sex, sorry. So just go to bed with him and leave the mess til tomorrow? Ok, except that dh is more of a slob than the kids and it's just not sanitary to leave his food crap to get stuck to the coffee table or the diapers that he couldn't be bothered to take outside sitting on the couch. Maybe if he made an effort to help, I'd be more inclined to have sex.

Even that isn't entirely true. I could leave it if I really wanted to. My problem is more that I'm taken for granted. I honestly think he believes elves follow him around and make his mess disappear. I just don't have the desire to sleep with him when he can't appreciate at all what I do. You can think that's unfair of me, but it doesn't change the way I feel.

He was bugging me about it tonight, so I finally told him all of this. He just got all defensive and now he's pouting. Oh well. He wanted to know what my problem is and I was honest.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Sounds fair, he should clean up after himself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh pouts too, I got sick of it and told him if he wants to continue to act like a child he can go to time out just like a child. Lol he got really mad at me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Are we living in the same house?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Lol! Good to see I'm not the only one!

Quoting Anonymous:

lil_momma0911
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM
im currently going thru this too! i told him that i feel like im raising a teenager (him) and a toddler. his job is physically demanding but at the end of the day after my part time job and figuring out supper and next weeks budget, im mentally done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Sounds fair. He's an adult. He can clean up his own damn mess. You are not his maid or his mother. I hate men that think because they work they can come home, sit on their ass and make messes and were expected to follow them around and keep the house cleaning it up. We work all day too. We don't need anther child to take care of they get home. My ex was like that. We both worked full time but he was always making huge messes expecting me to clean up after him. Luckily dh cleans up after himself and even helps 50/50 with Callie when he comes home from work
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
helema24
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

umm he has hands n lotion right? just sayin....

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. reply

mama728
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM
I feel ya... Same issues. My dh doesnt realize im 5 1/2 months pregnant, take care of our 2 year old, clean the house and do laundry so im so tired. But men dont realize we need more help.
helema24
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM

seems most of us are!! only mine doesnt pout he hollers worse that a cat that got its tail caught under a rocker!

Quoting Anonymous:

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. reply

mcclainprincess
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Smh. The more i read on this site the more thankful i am to be single..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)