Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You aren't better because you do everything.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies
9 moms liked this
I read a post on here that got me thinking, do you really feel better than other moms when you literally do everything in your house?
Like its a pissing contest on who has the laziest husband...
You're a sahm so if your husband helps you by doing the dishes you're a lazy fuck and he works all day and he should leave you. Blah blah blah.
That is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. I make my husband happy, I cook his favorite foods, I give him the remote when he comes home, I birthed his children and I raise them happily. In return, when he sees I'm tired or stressed, or just wants too he will do the dishes or make dinner. He plays with our kids and sometimes (brace yourselves) he gives them bath and puts them to sleep! *GASP*
I'm such a piece of crap.
Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM
13 moms liked this

I don't have a husband.

I win in so many ways.

HipLikeJunk
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM
7 moms liked this

It's called martyr syndrome. So many women in this group suffer from this condition, it's tragic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM
;)

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

It's called martyr syndrome. So many women in this group suffer from this condition, it's tragic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM
I'm a SAHM to 2 kids who are at school all day. My husband works, and on his days off he cleans the house, does the laundry does the yard work and repairs. When he comes home from work he does the dishes most times and even cooks.

What do I do? I'm baking his kid #3 ;)

I hate to cook, I hate to clean, and I hate to do chores. We will hire a nanny when baby #3 comes just as we did when our other 2 were babies.

I'm home because it's cheaper for me to do so. I'm not home to be a housekeeper. And yes, I'm one of those moms who hires a nanny despie the fact I'm home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoch86
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally agree.. Is ridiculous how if u have a husband who WANTS to help, and treats u like an equal.. All of a sudden ur a POS wife and mother.. 

Id rather be a POS with a wonderful husband, then a maid with a lazy ass husband

mommy425906
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Yep, was thinking the same thing. My DH does both kids' baths every night and puts them to bed. He helps with laundry and dishes on the weekend. He BBQ's whenever I ask him too - that's all he knows how to cook. LOL 

If we're having company he will clean the bathrooms, and any other cleaning that needs to be done that I haven't got to yet.

Kitschy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Fuck no. I imagine my life is better than the martyrs I see posting all the time. I'm happy to have help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Wow !! Sounds like you are just good at birthing kids smh .... You have way too many hrs to clean , cook and relax .. But i must say that you are one lucky lady

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a SAHM to 2 kids who are at school all day. My husband works, and on his days off he cleans the house, does the laundry does the yard work and repairs. When he comes home from work he does the dishes most times and even cooks.

What do I do? I'm baking his kid #3 ;)

I hate to cook, I hate to clean, and I hate to do chores. We will hire a nanny when baby #3 comes just as we did when our other 2 were babies.

I'm home because it's cheaper for me to do so. I'm not home to be a housekeeper. And yes, I'm one of those moms who hires a nanny despie the fact I'm home.
Love060708kids
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

LMAO @ pissing contest to see who has the laziest husband!

hahaha

Mine is a super hard worker in the military; however, he feels since i'm a stay at home mom, my job is to take care of the kids and the house.  So, yeah, that's why he doesn't do much around here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)