Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know what actually makes us different from all other animals?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just wondering.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
twyliatepeka
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Ehh. Yeah I used the wrong word. I thought about after I had posted & had other more important things to do.

Like I said maybe not the correct answer but still an answer. I didn't know I had to give the correct answer in this group. I didn't see you saying anything to the one that replied with "we are not covered in hair " or "we have thumbs ".

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you assume I found it hateful? To be honest, I don't know how your reply could be taken as 'hateful' by anyone.

I found your reply laughable. If you had stated that IRL, crickets would have started chirping.

Quoting twyliatepeka:

Other animals do not worship idols or gods.

Does your dog go to Sunday service?

It is a way we are different. Not necessarily the way op meant but it does make us different. & yes I do realize not all humans identify with a religion, you must be one of them to have found my reply so hateful.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's ridiculous. Honestly probably the most un-educated response yet.

Religion...sheesh smh..

Quoting twyliatepeka:

Not much because in some ways we are like pretty much every animal.

Religion would be a good one though.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Photo: Most people have heard of Koko, the gorilla who could speak about 1000 words in  Sign Language, and understand about 2000 in English. What most people don’t know, however, is that Koko was an avid Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood fan. When Fred Rogers took a trip out to meet Koko for his show, not only did she immediately wrap her arms around him and embrace him, she did what she’d always seen him do onscreen: she proceeded to take his shoes off.

Most people have heard of Koko, the gorilla who could speak about 1000 words in Sign Language, and understand about 2000 in English. What most people don’t know, however, is that Koko was an avid Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood fan. When Fred ...
Rogers took a trip out to meet Koko for his show, not only did she immediately wrap her arms around him and embrace him, she did what she’d always seen him do onscreen: she proceeded to take his shoes off.

Not all that different imo.

sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

language recognition and ability to learn another language<--learned this at ds's audiologist appt

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Selfishness, greed, the need for vanity, etc
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM
I'm alarmed that this many people think humans are the only ones with opposible thumbs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM

That we're so cruel to our own kind?

lovemymichael
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Emotions

opal10161973
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM

We reason and have opposable thumbs.  Critical thinking skills are not developed in most other species as highly as it is in ours. 

Although sometimes, I wonder how well it's developed in some humans....I honestly do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM
A soul
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
The ONLY thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)