Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

in need of vet advice for my cat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Is there a veterinarian on here by any chance?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:31 AM
No. What's the question?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:32 AM
I'm not a vet but what's wrong with your cat?
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:32 AM
What's going on? Not a vet, but I might be able to help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Well, my cat has the FIV virus, she caught it from the cat my dad gave us... and about 2 months ago we changed cat foods, and she started vomiting and diarreha from it.. so we switched back to her normal food, and out of nowhere it all starts up again worse than what it was before. She has been loosing some weight, she used to be like a 12 pound cat and now she is probably 6 pounds, but we thought that was due to the vet telling us she was overweight and to cut her portions down.... Ive checked her poop and i havent seen any worms in it? I just dont know what it could be. We can afford to take her to the vet at the moment, and im just at a loss on what to do to help her.

Quoting kymom23:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Well, my cat has the FIV virus, she caught it from the cat my dad gave us... and about 2 months ago we changed cat foods, and she started vomiting and diarreha from it.. so we switched back to her normal food, and out of nowhere it all starts up again worse than what it was before. She has been loosing some weight, she used to be like a 12 pound cat and now she is probably 6 pounds, but we thought that was due to the vet telling us she was overweight and to cut her portions down.... Ive checked her poop and i havent seen any worms in it? I just dont know what it could be. We can afford to take her to the vet at the moment, and im just at a loss on what to do to help her.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not a vet but what's wrong with your cat?

mandy1017
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:45 AM

BUMP!

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Feline influenza? Hmmmm I honestly don't know what would cause the vomiting and diarrhea since you went back to the regular food. I'm so sorry that your cat is sick. I don't know what I would do if my cat got sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kymom23:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Is there a low cost clinic in your area? Or one that will accept payment plans? Sounds like she really needs to see a vet, not some women on Cm.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kymom23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Its known as Feline Immunodefinciency virus.. kind of like feline aids in a way? it attacks their immune system like aids does to a person over time.

And thanks, im going crazy thinking of losing her, she has had this for almost 8 years and i was really hoping she would continue to fight through it.

Quoting kymom23:

Feline influenza? Hmmmm I honestly don't know what would cause the vomiting and diarrhea since you went back to the regular food. I'm so sorry that your cat is sick. I don't know what I would do if my cat got sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kymom23:

TurtleSquish
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Flu? It sounds much more serious. kidney failure maybe. Is she vomiting foam at all? is she peeing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)