Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I tried to avoid my DD's name being popular. In July last year when i picked it, i barely heard it. Now it's in the top 10.

Fail.

Her name is Aubrey Ryann.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:33 AM
Yea im that good with names lol Aubrey is no boy name those effin wackjobs!! Lol wtf?!

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

Lucky you. I actually got mean comments about Aubrey being a boy name when i was pregnant. Another reason i knew that it wasnt common here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well both my daughters names are rare :) EVERYWHERE

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

Yup. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

O.o like that? Lol

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

It is where i am. People still give me funny looks because of her name.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aubrey isnt rare o.o

ShireeCS
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:34 AM
She asked to add B's last name but it would have been too long to keep them all! I'm proud of her though its something she wanted and wasn't afraid to ask for it!

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

Aww, that sucks :(

Quoting ShireeCS:

We signed paperwork in august and it was filed probably last week. She is going from jaquelynn ella raeann s**** to jaquelynn rae s****-g*******

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

Aww when!?

Quoting ShireeCS:

I love it too! I am bummed though that we dropped some of her names but did it so she would be happy!

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

I just adore her name!!

Quoting ShireeCS:

Not with jaquelynn although we almost called her ella (one of her middle names) and that is now super popular!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Lol, it happens. I named dd1 Lily, my nanny (great grandmother) asked me if I would and did, now I see nothing but Lily's, lol.

Dd2's name doesn't seem to be popular. Lexi Rayne (no not after the game/movie or whatever it is)

Fallin4baby
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:36 AM
I Had my DD last October, her name is Hadlee Violet.. haven't say I've experienced it.... yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maria_Peanut
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:38 AM
I have no idea lol they we're older people. Even the other day, she had a huge bow on. After i told a lady her name she asked if she was a girl.

*face palm*

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea im that good with names lol Aubrey is no boy name those effin wackjobs!! Lol wtf?!

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

Lucky you. I actually got mean comments about Aubrey being a boy name when i was pregnant. Another reason i knew that it wasnt common here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well both my daughters names are rare :) EVERYWHERE

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

Yup. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

O.o like that? Lol

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

It is where i am. People still give me funny looks because of her name.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aubrey isnt rare o.o

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maria_Peanut
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Beautiful names!

Quoting armywife009:

Lol, it happens. I named dd1 Lily, my nanny (great grandmother) asked me if I would and did, now I see nothing but Lily's, lol.

Dd2's name doesn't seem to be popular. Lexi Rayne (no not after the game/movie or whatever it is)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maria_Peanut
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:39 AM
That's true! Way to go, Jaq! She's growing up :)

Quoting ShireeCS:

She asked to add B's last name but it would have been too long to keep them all! I'm proud of her though its something she wanted and wasn't afraid to ask for it!

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

Aww, that sucks :(

Quoting ShireeCS:

We signed paperwork in august and it was filed probably last week. She is going from jaquelynn ella raeann s**** to jaquelynn rae s****-g*******

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

Aww when!?

Quoting ShireeCS:

I love it too! I am bummed though that we dropped some of her names but did it so she would be happy!

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

I just adore her name!!

Quoting ShireeCS:

Not with jaquelynn although we almost called her ella (one of her middle names) and that is now super popular!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:42 AM

We never cared about how unique a name was, we chose their names based on meaning, so I wouldn't mind a whole lot if that happened, in fact I think it would be nice if their names were a little more popular. My sons are named Tate and Robin, Tate is the 394th most popular name and Robin isn't even in the top 1000, so that hasn't happened to us yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Yes. Definitely. When I named my dd Natalee, I didn't think it was popular in our town. She is like one of five Natalee's in her grade.
It bothered me at first, but not any more. I believe each child will make their name special.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:48 AM

I deliberately tried to give my children popular names. I have a very rare name, myself (I have only ever met one other person face to face who has the same name), and got teased for it in grammar school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)