Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

revelations

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:07 AM
  • 113 Replies
I have a question to all who believe in the Christian faith. The book of revelations tells of things that are supposedly going to come to be. What if they're wrong? What happens is you wake one day and it's proven that not only other religions are wrong but Christianity was a complete hoax?
(No bashing here at all,I'm very curious. I had a really odd dream and it's been on my mind all week).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:17 AM
3 moms liked this
It won't be wrong. It's going exactly like the Bible said...
Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:34 AM
5 moms liked this
It won't ever be proven wrong. However with that being said I was once asked what I would do if God turned out to be an alien. I will tell you the same thing I told him. I would be worshiping an alien. My love for God will never be based on what man tries to disprove.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzingah36
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:37 AM
This isn't a question of what your beliefs are,it's a question of what if it's a hoax? How would one handle that? If you truly found out that the whole time you worshipped,followed the Bible,and believed and then it was found it was a hoax,how would you react? How would you handle it?

Quoting Anonymous:

It won't be wrong. It's going exactly like the Bible said...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ledlovebug
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Well considering that nobody knows the day or the hour that Christ will return, nobody will just "wake up one day" and realize its a hoax. Hopefully that doesn't come off as rude, I just can't think of a better way to phrase it.
elzingah36
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:42 AM
Wasn't trying to "disprove" anything. It was a serious "what if question". It was a horrid dream at that but I sincerely would like to know. I'm not interested in others beliefs,I'm interested in how one would handle a situation like finding out Christianity is a hoax? Of course no one would let that happen,i'm very curious.

Quoting Mom2Boys9501:

It won't ever be proven wrong. However with that being said I was once asked what I would do if God turned out to be an alien. I will tell you the same thing I told him. I would be worshiping an alien. My love for God will never be based on what man tries to disprove.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ledlovebug
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
And it's definitely not a hoax but if it was, what would the harm have been in my believing?
elzingah36
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:44 AM
No,not at all. At least you tried. I appreciate it.I understand hoe this question may look but my dream was so horrid. I just can't seem to get it out of my head. Thanks again for not being rude.

Quoting ledlovebug:

Well considering that nobody knows the day or the hour that Christ will return, nobody will just "wake up one day" and realize its a hoax. Hopefully that doesn't come off as rude, I just can't think of a better way to phrase it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzingah36
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:45 AM
No harm at all. I was just looking for answers.

Quoting ledlovebug:

And it's definitely not a hoax but if it was, what would the harm have been in my believing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Considering in the first chapter it says "these things will shortly come to pass" some scholars believe revelations was written as a figuritive book for the christians of the time who were being persecuted and martyrd to warn them about the romans and the coming of the destruction of the city. For example one discription of beasts resembles the appearance ofthe horses the soldiers had and coverings and such that were put on the horse. I believe most of revelations has already happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Quoting ledlovebug:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)