Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I have a question to all who believe in the Christian faith. The book of revelations tells of things that are supposedly going to come to be. What if they're wrong? What happens is you wake one day and it's proven that not only other religions are wrong but Christianity was a complete hoax?
(No bashing here at all,I'm very curious. I had a really odd dream and it's been on my mind all week).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:07 AM
Replies (91-100):
Lizardannie1966
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:41 AM

To find out that Christianity was a hoax would be (IMO) akin to the Ray Bradbury story, "A Sound of Thunder" in which the primary character steps on a simple butterfly, thus changing the course of history and time.

IE...there are so many cultures and civilizations who are rich in the belief of Christianity that it could alter so much of what we and they have been taught through the years.

As for the book of Revelations, some of that stuff is spooky. I wouldn't mind if most of it didn't occur.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:42 AM
How did you find out it was a hoax? I don't think when we die we will remember or care what we believed.
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Honey, it is all in the bible, and if you are really his child, he will reveal the truth to you... if I were you, I would start from the beginning and read and everytime you hear I chose you from the beginning or I predestined you from the beginning then highlight it until you finished the whole bible, and then go back through and see how many times he said that in the bible, and read each chapter he said it in and then study those verses and, and if you are truly his child then he will open your eyes to the truth...
The truth is in there... you just have to find it... but that is what I would do if I were you.... don't take my word for it... do it for yourself and see what you find out... don't go off what your pastor says or what you heard before... clear your mind, ask God to show you the truth, and trust me, you won't get very far because I didn't... I got to a couple of them and my eyes were opened... I thought just like you... and this was the hardest for me to grasp... I kinda went into mourning for a few days for the lost knowing they would never be saved... it was hard for me... but if you are a true christian, and you decide to do this then you will see for yourself

Quoting ledlovebug:

As a Christian, you are not speaking for me.  I respectfully disagree with you.

God DOES love everybody and it breaks his heart when his children choose to turn against him.  Just like it would if your child chose never to speak to you again.

Alot of what you are talking about is called predestination and not every denomination believes in this.  God granted us free will and I could never bring myself to believe that Christ died only for a chosen few.

Quoting uriahadel:

For one God is not a lonely God waiting for someone to follow him... he chose us from the beginning of the world to do His will... he chose us, we did not choose him... he loves his children, he does not love everyone... he is angry with the wicked everyday... he is a just God... everyone is a sinner, noone is good, no not one, and noone would choose God because we are all bad, that is our sinful nature... God chose us, and he changes us, and turns us for his own glory... he does not choose every one... when he choose us, he transforms us and we are no longer of this world but we are of God and the world hates us...

And no everybody is not his children and he did not die for everyone... he only died for his chosen children, and it is all for the glory of God

Quoting Anonymous:

first we are all his children and he loves us all equally..

then he only chooses those he thinks will follow his lead...

so which is it? Are we all his children and he loves us all dearly. Or is he only wanting those who to be a sheep and not question and follow his lead blindly.

Quoting uriahadel:

No I never try to get anyone to come to my religion because for one, I am not religious, and another, you can't just come to God...

I made a post about it a couple days ago... you don't choose God, He choose you, he draws you and change your heart if you are one of his sheep... my job is to get the

word out and that is all I am doing

Quoting Anonymous:

do you know uriahadel? every post this "women" makes is trying to get you to come to her religion because it is the right religion and everyone else is wrong.

even though there are several religions that are older then hers.

Quoting motherslove82:

Lol. The OP asked "what happens to you if it's not real?"Her answer is "nothing, what happens to you if it is real?". Your response - "stop shoving your religion down everyone's throats!".

Quoting Anonymous:

oh shove off and stop trying to force you damn religion down people's throat.

Quoting uriahadel:

Well wouldn't you rather be safe then sorry if the bible, the whole bible was true, including heaven and hell?? And if jesus says if you don't believe all then you don't believe any of it then you are not one of his children, and you will burn in the lake of fire with the rest of the unbelievers... and he also says not to worship others gods and hindu is another god and that doesnt make you a christian...

I am not being mean, I am just trying to be honest with you so maybe you can see the whole picture, and maybe that dream was for a reason to show you that what you believe in may not be the truth, and maybe God is trying to open your eyes, I don't know, but I wanted to put it out there for you

Quoting elzingah36:

I'm a Christian turned Hindu. So,I personally don't belive in the burning in hell theory. All's I had was a dream that was pretty scary(to me) and I was curious how others were to handle it. So far,they wouldn't handle it well I've gathered.

Quoting uriahadel:

If it is wrong then you don't have nothing to worry about but what if it is right??? We had many of these discussions before within our church and others asking what if it is wrong... I believe without a doubt it is right... but even if it is wrong then what is going to happen, absolutely nothing, but the big question is what if it is right then what is going to happen?? The unbelievers are going to burn in hell for eternity and is that a risk you want to take on a what if??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meglet1970
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Then my life would have been liven in vain.  I don't believe that we will find that the Bible is false and I think there are going to be many people who will cry out in grief during the "end times".  That being said, if the Bible were to be false, what is wrong with what the Bible teaches.  The commandments in the Bible were the basis for many of our laws.  What is wrong with loving people and treating them with kindness above and beyond what they deserve.  Isn't that one of the messages of the Bible? 

camsmami
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Id rather live everyday as its true then not and be left here in the end.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ledlovebug
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Yes, he chose you or predestined you as a human.  A child of God.  But you must also choose him.  If you believe all that you say, why even bother getting the word out?  It's all been decided anyway.

You are really coming off as condescending.  I hope you don't mean it that way.

Quoting uriahadel:

Honey, it is all in the bible, and if you are really his child, he will reveal the truth to you... if I were you, I would start from the beginning and read and everytime you hear I chose you from the beginning or I predestined you from the beginning then highlight it until you finished the whole bible, and then go back through and see how many times he said that in the bible, and read each chapter he said it in and then study those verses and, and if you are truly his child then he will open your eyes to the truth...
The truth is in there... you just have to find it... but that is what I would do if I were you.... don't take my word for it... do it for yourself and see what you find out... don't go off what your pastor says or what you heard before... clear your mind, ask God to show you the truth, and trust me, you won't get very far because I didn't... I got to a couple of them and my eyes were opened... I thought just like you... and this was the hardest for me to grasp... I kinda went into mourning for a few days for the lost knowing they would never be saved... it was hard for me... but if you are a true christian, and you decide to do this then you will see for yourself

Quoting ledlovebug:

As a Christian, you are not speaking for me.  I respectfully disagree with you.

God DOES love everybody and it breaks his heart when his children choose to turn against him.  Just like it would if your child chose never to speak to you again.

Alot of what you are talking about is called predestination and not every denomination believes in this.  God granted us free will and I could never bring myself to believe that Christ died only for a chosen few.

Quoting uriahadel:

For one God is not a lonely God waiting for someone to follow him... he chose us from the beginning of the world to do His will... he chose us, we did not choose him... he loves his children, he does not love everyone... he is angry with the wicked everyday... he is a just God... everyone is a sinner, noone is good, no not one, and noone would choose God because we are all bad, that is our sinful nature... God chose us, and he changes us, and turns us for his own glory... he does not choose every one... when he choose us, he transforms us and we are no longer of this world but we are of God and the world hates us...

And no everybody is not his children and he did not die for everyone... he only died for his chosen children, and it is all for the glory of God

Quoting Anonymous:

so which is it? Are we all his children and he loves us all dearly. Or is he only wanting those who to be a sheep and not question and follow his lead blindly.

Quoting uriahadel:

No I never try to get anyone to come to my religion because for one, I am not religious, and another, you can't just come to God...

I made a post about it a couple days ago... you don't choose God, He choose you, he draws you and change your heart if you are one of his sheep... my job is to get the

Quoting Anonymous:

do you know uriahadel? every post this "women" makes is trying to get you to come to her religion because it is the right religion and everyone else is wrong.

Quoting motherslove82:

Lol. The OP asked "what happens to you if it's not real?"Her answer is "nothing, what happens to you if it is real?". Your response - "stop shoving your religion down everyone's throats!".

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting uriahadel:

Well wouldn't you rather be safe then sorry if the bible, the whole bible was true, including heaven and hell?? And if jesus says if you don't believe all then you don't believe any of it then you are not one of his children, and you will burn in the lake of fire with the rest of the unbelievers... and he also says not to worship others gods and hindu is another god and that doesnt make you a christian...

I am not being mean, I am just trying to be honest with you so maybe you can see the whole picture, and maybe that dream was for a reason to show you that what you believe in may not be the truth, and maybe God is trying to open your eyes, I don't know, but I wanted to put it out there for you

Quoting elzingah36:

I'm a Christian turned Hindu. So,I personally don't belive in the burning in hell theory. All's I had was a dream that was pretty scary(to me) and I was curious how others were to handle it. So far,they wouldn't handle it well I've gathered.

Quoting uriahadel:

If it is wrong then you don't have nothing to worry about but what if it is right??? We had many of these discussions before within our church and others asking what if it is wrong... I believe without a doubt it is right... but even if it is wrong then what is going to happen, absolutely nothing, but the big question is what if it is right then what is going to happen?? The unbelievers are going to burn in hell for eternity and is that a risk you want to take on a what if??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Christians aren't supposed to brag... Just sayin.

Quoting uriahadel:

History is full of fiction and they also took creation out of schools or most schools so they don't teach all they should be teaching, and yes I have a high gpa... I am smarter then my dh who is a doctor, and my bil who owns his owns business and barely passed his classes with c's... I make straight a's... he was amazed when he saw my grades...

Believe it or not, most homeschoolers are smarter then the average public schooler, and my dd is no exception... she is in first grade and is on a 3rd grade level in math... she is brilliant

Quoting Anonymous:

I highly doubt it..

History class is your friend.. you don't sound smarter then the average highschooler.

Quoting uriahadel:

Yes and I am also in college going for me doctorates, and guess what?? I am smarter then the average college student!!! My was told that by the dean at my last college

Quoting Anonymous:

were you home "schooled" too?

Quoting uriahadel:

Lol you are so wrong... some of what you said is fiction, and the romans came after the creation and that is also in the bible...

So do your research before posting about things you clearly don't know about...

Catholics came about because of the virgin mary also after creation which is after the old testament was written...

So you didn't burst my bubble, you just made a fool of yourself not knowing your info before posting about it

Quoting Anonymous:

lol yes there are other religions older then the bible...

the bible was never the first and will never be the first...

Roman catholic came after they made up the roman gods and goddess.. Also the geeks too.

here is my needle bursting your little bubble.

you must be the same as a murderer because boy are you lying.

Quoting uriahadel:

Oh and by the way there is no other religion older then the bible... the bible was the first and will always be the first, and that will never change... God created the world, before it, there was void, absolutely nothing... my daughter is learning about that now is school, homeschooling that is

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting uriahadel:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting uriahadel:

Quoting elzingah36:

Quoting uriahadel:

momsince1989
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

my faith is based on my relationship with Jesus and there is no way that could ever be proven wrong...it's not based on external things kwim?

Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Quoting elzingah36:

Wasn't trying to "disprove" anything. It was a serious "what if question". It was a horrid dream at that but I sincerely would like to know. I'm not interested in others beliefs,I'm interested in how one would handle a situation like finding out Christianity is a hoax? Of course no one would let that happen,i'm very curious.

Quoting Mom2Boys9501:

It won't ever be proven wrong. However with that being said I was once asked what I would do if God turned out to be an alien. I will tell you the same thing I told him. I would be worshiping an alien. My love for God will never be based on what man tries to disprove.

I would keep on believing. To me my faith in God goes deeper than anything. It's who I am it's not just a part of me. So like I said basically with the alien thing I would keep on believing until I were to die and find out for myself that it was a hoax. However even then to be honest I would no doubt still believe. I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter what I will never stop believing. I've seen too many things and survived too much to not believe that God is out there watching out for us and loving us.

I'm here if you ever need to talk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:11 AM

That's ridiculous! YOU made the choice to open this post, if you don't want to hear about God then don't open a post about God and quit your complaining! SMH

Quoting Anonymous:

this isn't her post.. so i couldn't have known she was going to be in here.

so yea she kinda of is forcing it on people..

Quoting Anonymous:

Then don't open her posts, she's not forcing anything on you, you have freewill to choose so stop complaining and being rude, grow up! SMH

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting uriahadel:

Quoting elzingah36:

Quoting uriahadel:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN