Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O of the daycare post

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:03 AM
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: As a former daycare employee

Options:

My child will never step foot in a daycare

I have no problems sending my child to daycare

I've never worked in a daycare but I want to see the results

Other because there must always be an other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 53

View Results

If you've worked in a daycare before would you now send your child to daycare or are you adamant they will never step foot in a daycare.

This is not a bash towards mothers who do send their children to daycare I'd just like to know from former daycare workers how they feel about daycares.
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I would not place them in a Montessori school and I have an irrational fear of home daycares.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:08 AM
I actually like the Montessori way but I'd still never put my child in any daycare.

Quoting alwayskk:

I would not place them in a Montessori school and I have an irrational fear of home daycares.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I hated it. It was much more along the lines of what was described in the daycare post than any daycare I've been to or worked in EXCEPT for the fact that they were incredibly snobby and had ridiculously stupid rules on top of it.

Quoting Roxygurl:

I actually like the Montessori way but I'd still never put my child in any daycare.

Quoting alwayskk:

dee1603
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:10 AM
It's overly paranoid moms that are afraid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
curlycupcake
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:14 AM
I worked in daycare. God that was a hard nasty thankless job!
But not all daycares are created equal. It's about finding a place your comfortable with and where your kids are happy. My kids go to this great little drop in places few days a week. We tried two other places before finding this place. I've got no problem pulling my kids if its not a good fit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:16 AM
My 1 year old isn't in daycare yet, I don't think she ever will. She will most likely attend a pre school program in the future though.
My Aunt is actually a owner and director of a daycare center (I went to when I was little) I had also worked there for a period of time. A lot of the teachers where a lot harder than they should have been, and it was mostly understaffed. If I absolutely had to send my DD I would, but I prefer not too.
Byrd15
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Nope, but I would work in it again in a heart beat! :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Bumpâť—
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM
My kids will never go to a daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:34 AM
I'm sorry. I had to do other. I own a home daycare but have never worked in a center. I keep my numbers very low and I love these guys. I would send my own kids to someone like me. Whether I'd send them to a center, I don't know. I never had to and if I had another I still wouldn't have to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)