Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Girls have to have baths to be clean!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a friend who is out of town 5 out of 7 days. She has one daughter who is 7 and stays with her dad. My friend is pitching a fit because she wants the girl to take a bath several times a week and the girl and father aren't sticking to it. She claims that girls don't get clean if they do t take a bath. I wondered what everyone thought of this.

Do you make your older daughter take a bath?

I'm sorry I was unclear. Yes she's taking showers but mom wants her to take baths
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Replies (91-100):
smurfy88
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:17 AM

me and my 5 year old dd take mostly showers

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:19 AM

my 6 yo takes baths.  she spends the 1st half just sitting there playing.  then, she starts to let the water out as she lathers up & uses clean water to rinse off.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM
I don't remember. I remember my grandma creaking out on me that I wasn't washing. I still felt weird touching myself. It may have been something I picked up or it could have just been my own inner issue. I got over it though lol.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Aw that makes me sad! Your mom didn't tell you how to wash? That must have been pretty hard to get past.

My grandmother freaked when I was little about me masturbating. But she always told me to wash properly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Totally! When I grew up it was taboo. I never washed because I was afraid to touch. When I was 12 I got a horrible infection. It still took several years before I was comfortable touching myself.

Quoting SnapIt:

Been taking showers all my life and im clean

Its all in how you teach them to wash up

And im not one to believe if you sit in a bath its going to clean your ass ir hoo ha better

I have a dd and she can chose how she wants to wash and as long as she washes properly there shouldnt be an issue. I tell her to make sure she reaches those crevices. Dont be afraid of washing it. Its your body.

If parents make the private areas a taboo to be touch by the childs own hands, those same kids wont dare to wash those areas properly, because they will think its inappropriate to touch themselves.

To me a bath is to relax in

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:42 AM

With your update.... As long as she is showering/bathing daily and washing herself... she is clean... The depth of some people's crazy makes me feel perfect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM
She does. The mom just doesn't think she listens.

Quoting heartnhidin:

Does she not teach her to wash down there?
So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Dd takes a kiddie shower. She does take baths sometimes though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM
she's fucking crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM
My girls get baths and they turn out clean...
mich.el.le
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM

That's really strange.  Either one is fine for a 7 year old but showers would actually get her cleaner.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

armstrong7984
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM

as long as she washes well. She might be referring to baths to soak in if she has an infection down there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)