Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls have to have baths to be clean!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a friend who is out of town 5 out of 7 days. She has one daughter who is 7 and stays with her dad. My friend is pitching a fit because she wants the girl to take a bath several times a week and the girl and father aren't sticking to it. She claims that girls don't get clean if they do t take a bath. I wondered what everyone thought of this.

Do you make your older daughter take a bath?

I'm sorry I was unclear. Yes she's taking showers but mom wants her to take baths
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Yes she takes showers

Quoting angelachristine:

is she taking showers instead or just not bathing at all? When i was a kid taking baths used to give me bladder infections no clue why i don't get them now but when i was little i had to take showers. I think it's actually probably cleaner to take showers because you sit in the dirty water in a bath. I still like to take baths every now and then to relax though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Wow really?? Shes pissed cuz shes showering instead of bathing. LMFAO I heard it all. I think she needs to stop with the bitching, she sould be happy hes making her shower at all lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Confused as to what this is about...is she not bathing at all or does she shower?

My girls shower twice a week, every Sunday and Thursday. We spongebathe/take a tub bath, without washing their hair if they're really dirty, and we wash their faces and privates every night to ensure cleanliness. 

myperfect4inok
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Baths are actually not good for girls.
As long as she's taking a shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:15 AM
My gyno said showers are by far cleaner and healthier. Sitting in the dirt and dead skin cells is NOT cleaner than a shower! Actually, my gyno requests that after bathing a woman rinses with fresh water from the faucet before stepping out of the tub. I've never had a bladder infection, a yeast infection, or anything related, so I'm gonna stick with my track record. Sometimes I shower after a long soak in the tub!
bunnywzrd
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:15 AM

My oldest showers twice a week. My youngest likes baths but after she is done playing in the water I make her  shower to wash her hair and rinse her off.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:15 AM

oh then your friend is nuts. showers are just as clean as baths she should shut up unless he isn't bathing the kid at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes she takes showers

Quoting angelachristine:

is she taking showers instead or just not bathing at all? When i was a kid taking baths used to give me bladder infections no clue why i don't get them now but when i was little i had to take showers. I think it's actually probably cleaner to take showers because you sit in the dirty water in a bath. I still like to take baths every now and then to relax though.

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:16 AM

My dd's doctor says baths can cause infections so she rarely takes baths.

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:16 AM

my dd gets a shower not baths she is 6

bcuz2pplfelnlv
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:16 AM
my dd hates baths,has been showering since she was 3, she's 9 now n i cant make her take a bath...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured