Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Girls have to have baths to be clean!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a friend who is out of town 5 out of 7 days. She has one daughter who is 7 and stays with her dad. My friend is pitching a fit because she wants the girl to take a bath several times a week and the girl and father aren't sticking to it. She claims that girls don't get clean if they do t take a bath. I wondered what everyone thought of this.

Do you make your older daughter take a bath?

I'm sorry I was unclear. Yes she's taking showers but mom wants her to take baths
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Replies (21-30):
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Showers are cleaner, with baths you are sitting in your own filth.

Quoting angelachristine:

oh then your friend is nuts. showers are just as clean as baths she should shut up unless he isn't bathing the kid at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes she takes showers

Quoting angelachristine:

is she taking showers instead or just not bathing at all? When i was a kid taking baths used to give me bladder infections no clue why i don't get them now but when i was little i had to take showers. I think it's actually probably cleaner to take showers because you sit in the dirty water in a bath. I still like to take baths every now and then to relax though.

CafeMom Tickers
artistmom889
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:17 AM

My 11 year old claims baths are a waste  of time.I have to nag hard to get her in the tub every other day.

I am not  that mother so I do not know  both sides of the story.I can't give an opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Yeah kinda my thoughts. The clincher is she asked me to bathe her during the week. I told her no.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow really?? Shes pissed cuz shes showering instead of bathing. LMFAO I heard it all. I think she needs to stop with the bitching, she sould be happy hes making her shower at all lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:18 AM

My oldest is 8 and she still takes baths but that's because her little sister does. They have been playing in the tub together for 3 years so i continue that. I don't see why a shower would be a problem though, she is still getting clean.

sweetz684
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:18 AM
I take a bath nearly every night. But mostly just to help me relax. Then I take a shower to wash my hair and body.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jade89
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:19 AM
I think showers are cleaner

I hate sitting in dirty water

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:19 AM

my children shower/bathe daily. and if i was the mom i would not be happy either.

FL2AK
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:20 AM
My daughter has not taken baths since she was three due to a bladder infection. The doctor said no more baths because sitting in the soapy and dirty water after bathing was likely how she got it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I mean I dont feel any less clean taking a shower... But as for womanly parts yeah I feel they get cleaner in a bath sometimes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

SharonHernandez
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:21 AM
She seriously needs to relax lol. Either way she's getting clean. At 7 it's about time to start showering rather than bathing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)