Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Girls have to have baths to be clean!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a friend who is out of town 5 out of 7 days. She has one daughter who is 7 and stays with her dad. My friend is pitching a fit because she wants the girl to take a bath several times a week and the girl and father aren't sticking to it. She claims that girls don't get clean if they do t take a bath. I wondered what everyone thought of this.

Do you make your older daughter take a bath?

I'm sorry I was unclear. Yes she's taking showers but mom wants her to take baths
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:21 AM
My kids take showers
MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM
I think showers are cleaner than baths where you are sitting in your dirty water but as long as she's doing one or the other thats all that matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
we take showers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AngeLnChainZ

Taking baths can be bad for you as it can cause UTIs especially in females.. Your friend sounds like a nut job.

I volunteer to save lives; What do you do?

SharonHernandez
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM
But the girl is showering daily rather than bathing

Quoting notjstasocermom:

my children shower/bathe daily. and if i was the mom i would not be happy either.

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:24 AM
I'm soooo anal about the boys cleaning out the tub when they're done! I bleach it after every use. I can't wait til Serena can take showers. I always worry about her getting infections. I use very little bubble bath for her baths. I always rinse her off with the sprayer. She hates it! But I'm so worried about infections.

Quoting FL2AK:

My daughter has not taken baths since she was three due to a bladder infection. The doctor said no more baths because sitting in the soapy and dirty water after bathing was likely how she got it.
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:24 AM

My niece's pediatrician actually told her showers were better for her after several UTIs the doctor felt were caused by baths.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Ah my love, I found you!

Quoting alwayskk:

As opposed to no bath at all, or as opposed to a shower?

Even if they take a bath, we sometimes rinse them off afterwards.

They switched to showers, though.

alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:25 AM
I got yeast infections as a kid a lot and my doc said it was from sitting in the bathtub. I started taking showers and never had another problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:25 AM

LOL Eres mi amor? I can't see you behind that veil!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ah my love, I found you!

Quoting alwayskk:

As opposed to no bath at all, or as opposed to a shower?

Even if they take a bath, we sometimes rinse them off afterwards.

They switched to showers, though.

"Go deeper than love, for the soul has greater depth…love is like the grass, but the heart is deep wild rock, ….molten, yet dense and permanent." ~ D. H. Lawrence.

You are the peace of all things calm. You are the place to hide from harm. You are the light that shines in dark. You are the heart’s eternal spark. You are the door that’s open wide. You are the guest who waits inside. You are the stranger at the door. You are the calling of the poor. You are with me still. You are my love, keep me from ill. You are the light, the truth, the way. ~ Oral Celtic Tradition

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN