Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls have to have baths to be clean!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a friend who is out of town 5 out of 7 days. She has one daughter who is 7 and stays with her dad. My friend is pitching a fit because she wants the girl to take a bath several times a week and the girl and father aren't sticking to it. She claims that girls don't get clean if they do t take a bath. I wondered what everyone thought of this.

Do you make your older daughter take a bath?

I'm sorry I was unclear. Yes she's taking showers but mom wants her to take baths
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:27 AM
No in fact it can cause yeast infections if there are any bubbles. My dd hasn't had a bath since she was 18 months because of repeated yeast infections. She showers and hasn't had a yeast infection since switching to showers. She is 7 now
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Lol yeah sometimes she can be. But I love her anyway so I was trying to see if I was maybe off base.

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

Taking baths can be bad for you as it can cause UTIs especially in females.. Your friend sounds like a nut job.

babiegurl47
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Same here. My Dr banned me from bubble baths and if I was to take a bath, it had to be plain water which I hated as a kid.

Quoting angelachristine:

is she taking showers instead or just not bathing at all? When i was a kid taking baths used to give me bladder infections no clue why i don't get them now but when i was little i had to take showers. I think it's actually probably cleaner to take showers because you sit in the dirty water in a bath. I still like to take baths every now and then to relax though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM
My kids must be dirty birds.
My older ones take a shower nightly.
My 2 year old gets a bath every night.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM

DD (9) still takes baths, but she would get just as clean with a shower.  I love baths.  

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:36 AM

oh, and the moms still upset? thats wierd. i thought you meant , well obviously you know what i thought. the mom needs to chill.

Quoting SharonHernandez:

But the girl is showering daily rather than bathing

Quoting notjstasocermom:

my children shower/bathe daily. and if i was the mom i would not be happy either.

tapies2324
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Ok. Your friend is a little batty. A bath or shower at 2 or 3 times a week is sufficient. Dad has custody, it is his call.
CutieCrab
by Jen on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Taking a bath is sitting in filth... Sometimes I take a relaxing bath but I shower first. Lol!
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Been taking showers all my life and im clean
Its all in how you teach them to wash up
And im not one to believe if you sit in a bath its going to clean your ass or hoo ha better

I have a dd and she can chose how she wants to wash and as long as she washes properly there shouldnt be an issue. I tell her to make sure she reaches those crevices. Dont be afraid of washing it. Its your body.

If parents make the private areas a taboo to be touch by the childs own hands, those same kids wont dare to wash those areas properly, because they will think its inappropriate to touch themselves.

To me a bath is to relax in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Showering gets you cleaner.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured