Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Girls have to have baths to be clean!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a friend who is out of town 5 out of 7 days. She has one daughter who is 7 and stays with her dad. My friend is pitching a fit because she wants the girl to take a bath several times a week and the girl and father aren't sticking to it. She claims that girls don't get clean if they do t take a bath. I wondered what everyone thought of this.

Do you make your older daughter take a bath?

I'm sorry I was unclear. Yes she's taking showers but mom wants her to take baths
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Replies (51-60):
RLT2
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Showers get you cleaner than a bath. Little girls shouldn't be sitting in a all that soapy water anyway, not good for their girly parts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I'd rather her be taking showers.  I've known women who get UTIs just from being in the water, and if you use bubble bath or anything like that it's worse/more likely, especially if it's often.  Plus, you're sitting there, any dirt or whatever that came off you is in the water with you, so definitely not cleaner.  That woman makes no sense.  lol

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
This is what i do and tell my kids to do
Shower up first and if they want sit in a bath so they arent sitting in their dirt and dry skin cells
Lol
That makes them wash when they hear this.
Ewwww skin?
Yeah, dead skin so make sure it goes down the drain first

Quoting CutieCrab:

Taking a bath is sitting in filth... Sometimes I take a relaxing bath but I shower first. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Yes. I'm sorry. It's in my head so obviously everyone knows what I'm thinking. I'm being sarcastic btw lol

Quoting notjstasocermom:

oh, and the moms still upset? thats wierd. i thought you meant , well obviously you know what i thought. the mom needs to chill.

Quoting SharonHernandez:

But the girl is showering daily rather than bathing

Quoting notjstasocermom:

my children shower/bathe daily. and if i was the mom i would not be happy either.

lonelygirl_72
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Taking a bath gives my daughter horrible bladder infections so if I were her I would let my daughter continue to shower.

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that showering is cleaner - in a bath you are siting in dirty water lol

livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM
No that's stupid. You don't have to take a bath.
Dimples04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM
If she is washing then a shower is IMO just as good. If she isn't washing then neither are going to be very effective.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Not necessary. Just scrub it and rinse it.
ratchetlee
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Showers are fine. As long as they are washing themselves correctly, she's fine

My 8 year old dd takes showers. My 6 year old son does both ( his choice). And my 4 year old dd takes baths. Her choice..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)