Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Hostess is going out of business! No more twinkies or wonder bread. Maybe the world will end next month. :(
http://m.nbcnewyork.com/nbcnewyork/db_276130/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=8Bmft4Ua
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Replies (221-230):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Not all unions are the same or even good. Unions are one reason (of many) behind the financial difficulties that American car companies have been dealing with. Unions can be just as problematic as they are helpful. It all depends on the union.

Quoting tammylynn36:

Never Blame it on the Union! The union is only there to help and protect a workers' rights. My Huusband is union and let me tell you the difference between pay in his job for non-union is $ 16.00 hr verses Union is $32.00 hr plus great benefits and safety at the work place.  Union's are a great thing for workers, I only wish people would see and understand that!

Quoting Anonymous:

In fact, when 9/11 happened and I worked for a company based upon R&D and all the venture capital dried up, I took an immediate 20% paycut. If a company isn't doing well, it can't pay the money. Some people think businesses are bottomless pits of money, just like my kids think money grows on trees. Get real!

I do feel bad for the people now without jobs. Blame it on the unions.

Quoting tammylynn36:

Whatever you say lady! You are dead wrong!  Those people have to live too and I am sure you would not want to go and take a pay cut!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tammylynn36:

I Find it not funny in anyway! Yet people sit here and make jokes about this.

18,500 people are about to lose their job, end up on unemployment and make the economy worse then it already is.

Not to mention putting the blame on those people for hostess going out of business is absurd. I for one would not want to be taking a pay cut so some stupid CEO could sit all high and mighty in his castle while my family starved. 

Of all things to blame those employees................Shame on Hostess, I'm glad they went out of business.

Companies exist to make money, not to give people stuff...and jobs. If it isn't making a profit, it will go out of business. That's where the unions were wrong. They should have worked with the company, not participated in destroying it. Hostess was in bankruptcy. You can't get blood out of a turnip.

Although Hostess is an American tradition, the treats they made, and even the bread, is not good for you. I don't think I've ever eaten a Hostess treat in my life, and I'm 49!

shadenn766
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

mommapops
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I think we will see much more like this. It's going to be very hard for companies to give all employees healthcare ..I know hostess probably did already. I'm just saying a lot if companies are going to have extra strain on them with this new law. The companies that do will just sell their products at a higher cost. It really comes down to the consumer in the end who will pay that extra cost. So...what do we do? We buy less if their product right? And then they cam no longer stay in business. It's coming! So be ready! Sorry for all the spelling errors. Cell phone spell check.!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:43 PM
"This is for my ho-homies"

Quoting Anonymous:

Pours some out for Twinkies, Ho-Ho's and Ding Dongs.  Gone but not forgotten...lol. 

uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I don't either so it won't affect me

Quoting mlg1989:

Oh no!

Then again I don't eat hostess.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Well Obama made that happen, hope all his voters are happy!!!! Oh it has already been determined that it was due to Obama getting office- so no trash talk- cause truth is truth. So if you have another thought of why this happened you are really stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Oh and I work there so I know the whole truth and it was Obama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Unions cost so much money it's not even funny- we had a company for 6 mos and shut it down due the cost!

Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm stuffing my face with Hostess donettes (powdered) as I read this. I've also never had a Twinkie in my life.

I have nothing constructive to add to this thread, so I'll go back to nomming. I've already gotten too much powder on my keyboard.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Damn. I didn't know and was just at the grocery store. Almostttt bought ho hos because i hasn't had any in a while. Great. Now they will probably be gone tomorrow :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)