Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Hostess is going out of business! No more twinkies or wonder bread. Maybe the world will end next month. :(
http://m.nbcnewyork.com/nbcnewyork/db_276130/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=8Bmft4Ua
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Replies (231-240):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:57 PM
My Sisters are going shopping for twinkles lol .
Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:12 PM

toddler tantrum

happy41ce
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM

awe i guess we will no longer see all those people on FS paying for twinkies and shit anymore.

*SIGH*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:29 PM

So I'm not the only one who was singing Gangsta Lean?  That's what's up!

Quoting Anonymous:

"This is for my ho-homies"

Quoting Anonymous:

Pours some out for Twinkies, Ho-Ho's and Ding Dongs.  Gone but not forgotten...lol. 

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:46 PM
I am NOT a FUCKING DUMB ASS....I will 100% BLAME the workers. If the company paid what they wanted the company wouldn't be in business in the first place!! You my friend are so ignorant on the subject it isn't even funny.

I have lived this EXACT scenario and I blame every single one of the workers that went on strike for causing over 2,000 employees to lose their jobs because the company couldn't stay in business because they went on strike. I would have taken much less money a week rather than to be completely out of work. The company is 100% blameless in this situation.

Quoting tammylynn36:

You my dear lady are a fucking dumb ass, blaming the worker who doesn't get paid that much to begin with. Blame the god damn company , it was their fault to begin with.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

To keep my job I would!!!! This exact thing happened to my husbands company back years ago USF Red Starr Trucking. The office employees didn't like their contracts and went on strike they managed to make the company lose so much money that they were out of business in 72hrs. My husband has YET to find another job w/equal pay and it has been at least 8 yrs.

So do I blame the employees DAMN straight I do!!!! They are 100% to blame.

Quoting tammylynn36:

Whatever you say lady! You are dead wrong!  Those people have to live too and I am sure you would not want to go and take a pay cut!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tammylynn36:

I Find it not funny in anyway! Yet people sit here and make jokes about this.

18,500 people are about to lose their job, end up on unemployment and make the economy worse then it already is.

Not to mention putting the blame on those people for hostess going out of business is absurd. I for one would not want to be taking a pay cut so some stupid CEO could sit all high and mighty in his castle while my family starved. 

Of all things to blame those employees................Shame on Hostess, I'm glad they went out of business.

Companies exist to make money, not to give people stuff...and jobs. If it isn't making a profit, it will go out of business. That's where the unions were wrong. They should have worked with the company, not participated in destroying it. Hostess was in bankruptcy. You can't get blood out of a turnip.

Although Hostess is an American tradition, the treats they made, and even the bread, is not good for you. I don't think I've ever eaten a Hostess treat in my life, and I'm 49!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Little Debbie

Quoting happy41ce:

awe i guess we will no longer see all those people on FS paying for twinkies and shit anymore.

*SIGH*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:50 PM

The world really ended when Obama was re elected. We are all screwed.  If you think he will help anyone but himself you are stupid.

twyliatepeka
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Dang it. We just got hostess here where I live. I remember when I was a kid the only time I got hostess stuff was when my aunt came down from Indiana.
Mama2JoshKatie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I rarely eat Hostess products but knowing I'm not going to be able to is totally making me want to buy some.

I'm going to look for some tomorrow but I wont be surprised if I can't find any. People always want what they suddenly can't have. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM

1800 jobs gone, maybe unions should be fired. We droped our union company and they ask for more than they deserve.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)