Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Hostess is going out of business! No more twinkies or wonder bread. Maybe the world will end next month. :(
http://m.nbcnewyork.com/nbcnewyork/db_276130/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=8Bmft4Ua
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Replies (241-250):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:35 PM

It couldn't survive. The whole foods industry waa putting them down anyway. When the union went on strike it was all she wrote. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I wonder if it is just a ploy to get people out there to buy their product (since I am sure that with the economy no one is really buying). I don't eat it so I really don't care if they go out of business.

JamieRad
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:40 AM

So I have been reading alot of posts on here. And while I agree with some, others I do not. My husband lost his job today because of the shut down. They are going to liquidate. Hostess in 2008 filed bankrupcy not 10 years ago. My husband took a paycut then.They regrouped and got money to keep going.Well, here it is 4 years later and they are in the same boat. Only this time, they asked for another paycut that was about 30% of their pay if you take into account that they were hiking up benifits. yes they stopped contributing to the pensions over a year ago and it doesn't look like he will have any of that in the future. The teamsters passed the pay cut we were ok (somewhat) with that. We still had a job. But the bakers it didn';t pass there. But it went through anyway. Some of this I don't  understand how it went through. So my opinion is that no its not the workers fault. I have seen first hand what this company has put its employees through. The  fault is with upper management. And poor direction. Plus the fact that like so many of you said people are getting more health conscience. Whats funny is my husband worked there yet we rarely ate any of the sweets. Now the Natures Pride I am going to miss. Yes someone might buy the name and start making them but the workers will not get their jobs back and it might take a while for them to sell everything off.

preplovesyou
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I've never had one, soooo..don't care about the product.

Sucks though for all the employees!

Candymonster
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:51 AM

JennPearce
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:54 AM
Personally I LOVE hostess products so this absolutely sucks. :(
angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Man, I'm going to miss those glazed donuts. I only buy them once in awhile, but now they won't be there when  get a craving. =(

RubyMom0526
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Lets blame the president 

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:16 AM

I eat a few hostess mini donuts a few times a week. I'll miss them.

thedathree
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Hell no! I'll make those bitches out my kitchen if I have to. Grand re openings in my apartment .. lol jk how can hostess go out of business when everyone's talkin how fat America is all the time?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)