Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Hostess is going out of business! No more twinkies or wonder bread. Maybe the world will end next month. :(
http://m.nbcnewyork.com/nbcnewyork/db_276130/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=8Bmft4Ua
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Replies (251-260):
epoh
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I can only hope this happens to all mega corporations and we re-learn what it means to be self-sustainable and get back to locally owned businesses.

In the meantime, my thoughts are with the families who have now suffered job losses right before the holidays. I applaud them for standing up for themselves and I hope their message was heard loud and clear and not sent out in vain.
1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Damn I shouldn't have opened that box last night!!

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Twinkies are going for as high as $2,500,000 a box on E-bay and yes you read that correctly. It is insane. I want my Funny Bones WAH!!!!!

**Formerly Keegansmama05** Loving Mama to Keegz & Nikki**bouncing mom

1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I went out yesterday and got a box of twinkies and cupcakes and picked up some mini donuts. :( So sad they are going out. There were none on the shelves, I happen to find the boxes back in the bread section on  a shelf that was sort of out of the way.  Craziness.

greenmachine47
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM

A friend went to her loacal Hostess store and everything was 50% off she got $60 worth of food for $30. I think someone will buy the rights to Hostess or some merger will come out it like when Sears was about to go under.

bbkimberly
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Getting dressed and going to the market right now!!!
aviatioNation
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Oh no, no more of their barely edible garbage masquerading as food!? The horrors!

doughgirl37
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:52 PM

We need less ding dongs in this world! going crazy

rachel499
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM

thanks- I needed a laugh.

alexgia
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:37 PM
there is a factory less than a mile from us. i never ate twinkies but did like those chocolate hostess cupcakes once in awhile. i can live without them but feel so sorry for all that are losing their jobs. this was not right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:47 PM
ok now obama is responsibile for hostess going out of business. next you can blame in on the first lady wanting kids to eat healthier.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)