Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any one here take prozac???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a prescription for Prozac but afraid to take it. I am afraid of the side effects because I have my nephew here and my 2 yr old ds. I don't want to get overly drowsy or shaky. Should I wait to take it at night? Will it be effective if I do?

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Replies (11-13):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Quoting ashleywright88:

I was on Prozac for a while and the first two days I felt off but after that things got better! It didn't really effect my sex drive so that was good, and I was really happy. Then I got to thinking and started worrying about taking it because I wanted my emotions to be my own, not some stupid pill.

That's what I am afraid of... I am afraid of feeling "off". Especially here with and infant and 2 yr old by myself.

CutieCrab
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I take 20mg, I have no side effects. I do get tired early, but I get up at 2:30 in the morning. Lol. So try it, if you start noticing side effects you dont like, notify your doctor. Everyone is different, and take drugs differently. Good luck!!

P.s. it helps me a lot. I have generalized anxiety.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I had zero issues. What mg?

20 mg

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Prozac's benefits outweigh the side effects.  I was extremely depressed and it worked quickly.  I always took it before bed so I wouldn't forget to take it, so I don't know about drowsiness.  Are you taking anything else with it.  My dr put me on prozac and wellbutrin a year ago.  The prozac was phased out after 3 mos.  It was a temporary med to get me into a more stable frame of mind.

The only negative side effect was lack of sex drive. I already have a low sex drive and the prozac made it worse.  I think my bad self image and depression caused a  lot of the low sex drive in the first place, so getting into a better frame of mind was more important to my husband than sex. (Even though he did complain lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN