Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are over the age of 20 and are a twilight fan... EDIT*******

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

There is something wrong with you.

I can see little teenage girls watching it.. but seriouslly you are an adult!

EDIT**

Ok the origin of this post, is me sitting here watching the news, i wish I could record it and show it on here, there are grown as women standing in line (probably for a couple hours) and everytime the news people put the camera on them , they are screaming TEAM EDWARDDDDD!!! at the top of their lungs in the highest pitch voice I have ever heard... (and the seriouslly look like they are almost or already in their 30's)

thats is all, carry on

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I am a Grandmother and I have watched it, I'm not a crazed fan but it is a movie to me like the titanic, a love story so to speak.  Based on your reasoning of age, do you mean that if you weren't born before April 15th 1912 you should not have liked the movie Titanic?  Now I do find it funny that women in their 40s or so wear "team"  whoever t-shirts but it is all for fun and I would rather see that than people fighting, so there's no judgement on it from me.

illinoismommy83
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Yes, it is impossible to enjoy the storeline of a book if you are over the books intended age.

While I certainly am not going to go wait for a midnight premiere, I will watch that movie (probably on redbox in a few months) and enjoy the hell out of it. Yep, a crazy 30 year old woman watching a dvd. And I'm proud.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Well, good thing neither my 9 yr old dd or I give a fuck what you think. That is all. Move along people, nothing here to see.

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I read them in my teens and they were great, but I tried to read them again and I just can't get past the atrocious writing. 

miss_lisa
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
That's why I watch them! I think they're hilarious.

Quoting TugBoatMama:

Lol I tried to watch the first one and the second one and I fell asleep in the middle of both of them. I remember thinking to myself, "how can any adult woman enjoy watching this? Its so cheesy and the acting is horrid!"

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM

none of these women on the news had children with them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, good thing neither my 9 yr old dd or I give a fuck what you think. That is all. Move along people, nothing here to see.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I'd go without her too, but it's just not worth me paying for it twice, but I sure would be a dick on TV and scream Team Jacob just to be on the news. Ha.

Quoting Anonymous:

none of these women on the news had children with them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Melanie420
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Harry Potter isn't just for young girls, but my mom likes Twilight because she read it when I was reading the books in high school, I don't really like it anymore but she does so I have to go see the movie with her tomorrow

Quoting mlg1989:

Its like Harry Potter. It came out when I was younger and I read the books so I want to see the movies! Nothing wrong with that...

Kayla060812
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Yeah to the edited part. Not understanding.. plus Edward makes me wanna vomit.
sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM
I like Twilight but I"m not obsessed with it or anything..I just like it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)