Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what the hell is going on?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I forgot to check my mail last night so when I dropped my dd off at school I checked it. I had a $400 phone bill, a $300 cable and internet bill, a $40 medical bill, and letter from my worker saying my FS are going down to $41????!!!!

What the hell? This is ridiculous. How the hell am I going to do all this and pay for food too? I'm crying right now because I cant believe this.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Replies (121-130):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM

how do you know that her and her DH didnt get those smart phones BEFORE hard times hit? and now they are trapped in the bill. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Did your mother never teach you the difference between a want and a need?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we have smartphones and we are on the lowest smartphone plan. We cant get any lower without buying new phones that arent smartphones.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

I don't follow.  How does it not make sense to lower your bill?  And why would you have to buy a "new" phone? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Then I'm buying new phones just to lower my bill. So either way I still have to pay each bill I have, buy new cheaper non smartphones. And then lower our bill. Doesnt make sense.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

What exactly do you need a smartphone AND internet for?  I think you could cut one of those out at least.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes and I cant change it without buying new older non smartphones.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

You have a FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR PHONE BILL??!!?!

TarantulaTress
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM
I have an iPhone 4S with all the fixings and even if I fell a month behind it would still be half of what yours is. $400 is insane!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

im not going to get my head checked for a simple case of too much caring. thats just stupid. 

im sorry you refuse to help anyone that you suspect may be lying. that is your choice. i respect that fully. 

but i choose to help anyone i can, whether they are lying or not. and that is MY choice. please respect that as well. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Im sure plenty of people would be angry. 

But thankfully, not everyone in this world as are heartless. 

I have been a hero to so many people, and i know many heroes on that site. and we all have helped people who i am sure were lying, or being deceptive and greedy. 

but not one of us would change what we do. because if helping others means that we can make a difference in even ONE persons life, its worth the unfortunate events of cheaters and liars. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I would be PISSED if I helped someone buy food and found out they needed help because they couldn't pay their smartphone, cable and internet bill. If she goes there she better state the WHOLE story.

Quoting Anonymous:

Also, go to wishuponahero.com

you post a wish, be it a need or want. and there are thousands of people with huge hearts that get on there every day and offer to help others. at one point, i had one old lady give my family 300$ to pay our rent when my husband lost his job. i am STILL Friends with that lady and we keep in close contact. these people are amazing blessings to people who need help. 

Now we are heartless? Because we believe this OP is a scam and is a thief? And you want her to scam and steal from more people. Get your head checked, asap, lady.

She pays 700.00 a month for CABLE, INTERNET and SMARTPHONES. That sounds like someone who needs help from Wish Upon a Hero? Yes, you need your head checked. 

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Can you maybe switch to prepaid cell service? Cut cable and use Netflix?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM

more ignorant assumptions. I am glad my first impression of you was not incorrect. 

I will not be responding to you any longer. Please take your attitude to another post. thank you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

excuse me, but do not dictate what i can and cannot do. 

EVERYONE is welcome to go to WUAH. NO EXCEPTIONS. 

regardless of your OPINION. 

How dare you try to keep someone from getting the help that WUAH offers? the people who offer assistance on that site KNOW the risks. KNOW they may be helping liars. but they choose to do so anyway. and that is THIER prerogative. 

So, how about, you do what YOU want, and let others do what THEY want. because quite frankly my dear, its none of your business who someone donates money to. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

you post a wish, be it a need or want. and there are thousands of people with huge hearts that get on there every day and offer to help others. at one point, i had one old lady give my family 300$ to pay our rent when my husband lost his job. i am STILL Friends with that lady and we keep in close contact. these people are amazing blessings to people who need help. 

Did you actually read this post? Now you are suggesting the OP steal more from people who can actually use the help? That do not spend more on entertainment a month than some of us pay for our HOMES? Those people need help! This OP is just entitled and feels that she should get what she wants, because she wants it. Please do not direct her to sites that will allow her to deceive and steal from more people!

Good for you. Direct her to a place where she will take from someone who needs it. That site is for people who are suffering. You disgust me as much as the OP does. Let me guess? You steal from people, too.

ZanderandBella
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I'd say find some new phone and internet and if you can't afford it, turn them off. Get prepaid phones. Go to the library for internet. And why cable? Heck, we don't even have cable even though we could totally afford it. I've lived in a home where we had no place to live. We didn't have phones and we sure as heck didn't have internet or cable but we survived and had food on the table and became a very close family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM

As would I. but i would still do it. if for nothing else than for a chance to make sure her children eat. Of course i always hope and pray that the families i donate to and other members donate to, are honest and telling the truth. I am still not convinced that the OP here is lying either. I have been in a situation where a phone company just went insane with the bill all of a sudden for no apparent reason. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I donate all the time and I hope peoples stories are honest.

Id be pissed if the girl I donated to help get food only needed the help because she also had to pay her smartphone and cable bill.

Quoting Anonymous:

excuse me, but do not dictate what i can and cannot do. 

EVERYONE is welcome to go to WUAH. NO EXCEPTIONS. 

regardless of your OPINION. 

How dare you try to keep someone from getting the help that WUAH offers? the people who offer assistance on that site KNOW the risks. KNOW they may be helping liars. but they choose to do so anyway. and that is THIER prerogative. 

So, how about, you do what YOU want, and let others do what THEY want. because quite frankly my dear, its none of your business who someone donates money to. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you actually read this post? Now you are suggesting the OP steal more from people who can actually use the help? That do not spend more on entertainment a month than some of us pay for our HOMES? Those people need help! This OP is just entitled and feels that she should get what she wants, because she wants it. Please do not direct her to sites that will allow her to deceive and steal from more people!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM

A J-O-B would be great.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, when we were eligible for PA we decided to not have PA and decided to drop phone and Internet until we got on our feet.

Also, there were lots of talk about how if Obama was reelected PA was going to be available to more people, but in lesser amounts.  Sorry?

The way it is going, it is going to be available to no people and help no one because of people like this OP. You do not deserve smart phones and cable and then have the taxpayers paying bills for you. That is not how the system is supposed to work. It is going to destroy the system for those who legitimately need it. Very sad.

I agree.  Which is why when we were eligible (married with 2 kids) and me wanting to be a stay at home mother due to issues with my youngest, we decided to go without instead of take it.  We didn't NEED it to survive.  It would have been nice but not nessary.  And FYI, it is possable to make 18000 a year with 2 kids and an at home mom and save 1000 dollars in a year and pay 1200 in student loans.  That is over now, hubby finished medical school and now is in the highest tax bracket.  But it was only 3 years ago that we were living like that and things have not changed that much.

Learning to do for yourself is ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS the best option. You made it through and you are a better person for it.

Thank you, sometimes I need to hear that.  I remember 7 years ago when we started being eligible being told that we were stupid for not taking PA.  In truth if wh had taken it we would have been out of debt while he was going to medical school instead of having to wait until the 2 months following medical school when we made real money.  Still have the poor girl mantaility. I save money like crazy because I trained myself to be so frugal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

how do you know that her and her DH didnt get those smart phones BEFORE hard times hit? and now they are trapped in the bill. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Did your mother never teach you the difference between a want and a need?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we have smartphones and we are on the lowest smartphone plan. We cant get any lower without buying new phones that arent smartphones.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

I don't follow.  How does it not make sense to lower your bill?  And why would you have to buy a "new" phone? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Then I'm buying new phones just to lower my bill. So either way I still have to pay each bill I have, buy new cheaper non smartphones. And then lower our bill. Doesnt make sense.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

What exactly do you need a smartphone AND internet for?  I think you could cut one of those out at least.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes and I cant change it without buying new older non smartphones.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

You have a FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR PHONE BILL??!!?!

And, of course, the entitled generation does not feel you should have to give up your perks, just because you have no job. Do any of you listen to yourselves? Do you have any idea who stupid and absurd you sound to those of us who do not feel it is the taxpayers job to feed us, cloth us and pay our bills while we get all the perks we want. It is disgusting. People with this attitude are disgusting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)