Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what the hell is going on?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I forgot to check my mail last night so when I dropped my dd off at school I checked it. I had a $400 phone bill, a $300 cable and internet bill, a $40 medical bill, and letter from my worker saying my FS are going down to $41????!!!!

What the hell? This is ridiculous. How the hell am I going to do all this and pay for food too? I'm crying right now because I cant believe this.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Replies (141-150):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

more ignorant assumptions. I am glad my first impression of you was not incorrect. 

I will not be responding to you any longer. Please take your attitude to another post. thank you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

excuse me, but do not dictate what i can and cannot do. 

EVERYONE is welcome to go to WUAH. NO EXCEPTIONS. 

regardless of your OPINION. 

How dare you try to keep someone from getting the help that WUAH offers? the people who offer assistance on that site KNOW the risks. KNOW they may be helping liars. but they choose to do so anyway. and that is THIER prerogative. 

So, how about, you do what YOU want, and let others do what THEY want. because quite frankly my dear, its none of your business who someone donates money to. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Also, go to wishuponahero.com

you post a wish, be it a need or want. and there are thousands of people with huge hearts that get on there every day and offer to help others. at one point, i had one old lady give my family 300$ to pay our rent when my husband lost his job. i am STILL Friends with that lady and we keep in close contact. these people are amazing blessings to people who need help. 

Did you actually read this post? Now you are suggesting the OP steal more from people who can actually use the help? That do not spend more on entertainment a month than some of us pay for our HOMES? Those people need help! This OP is just entitled and feels that she should get what she wants, because she wants it. Please do not direct her to sites that will allow her to deceive and steal from more people!

Good for you. Direct her to a place where she will take from someone who needs it. That site is for people who are suffering. You disgust me as much as the OP does. Let me guess? You steal from people, too.

Please take your "Steal anything you want from anyone because you are entitled to do so" attitude somewhere else. Like out of the country. Stop sending people to scam companies like WUAH. It is disgusting. Why would you do that? Horrible.

so...I am going to make an assumption here...you are anywhere between 18-25. you have a lot of pride. you make good money. and you complain about taxes. you think that we, as the older generation, should have done a better job of preparing you for the real world. you hold us responsible for your bad times. you resent us for not giving you more. and now, you work hard to make sure you have everything that your parents wouldn't let you have. 

how far off am i here? 

of course...you wont admit to it. even if i am 100% correct in my assumptions. You will still reply back denying it, calling me some more names, complaining some more, and then claiming to not care what i think. 

Ah, pretty far off with your assumptions. I have no reason to lie.  My parents were losers who never did for themselves, although they STILL never used welfare. They got sick of paying a mortgage, they walked away. They got sick of paying a bill? They didn't. I own a successful company that the more successful it gets, the more the government cuts me off at my knees.. I own a home and have not lived with my mommy or daddy since I was 17 years old.  And for the record, that was close to 20 years ago. My parents did not make me who I am, I did, lady. The part you are right about? I work hard. I have since I was 14 years old. I have never asked for a handout. I really have no issues with welfare, when it is NEEDED. When a bitch is stealing it? I get pissed. People who don't are NOT paying attention and have their heads under rocks. So, Sherlock. You are not even close to being as good  or smart as you think you are. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Well thank you ladies for all your comments. I have decided not to pay our phone bill and to just add a landline to my cable and internet bill. I am going to pay our previous balance of $102.37 and then add the phone to it.

Now my question is. How long can you go without paying the bill before they end your contract?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM
I'm sure it matters greatly lol you still have a shit ton of bills you can't afford

Quoting Anonymous:

Not me. Because thats not what I said.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a job? Who has a 400 dollar internet bill wow

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

more ignorant assumptions. I am glad my first impression of you was not incorrect. 

I will not be responding to you any longer. Please take your attitude to another post. thank you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

How dare you try to keep someone from getting the help that WUAH offers? the people who offer assistance on that site KNOW the risks. KNOW they may be helping liars. but they choose to do so anyway. and that is THIER prerogative. 

So, how about, you do what YOU want, and let others do what THEY want. because quite frankly my dear, its none of your business who someone donates money to. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

you post a wish, be it a need or want. and there are thousands of people with huge hearts that get on there every day and offer to help others. at one point, i had one old lady give my family 300$ to pay our rent when my husband lost his job. i am STILL Friends with that lady and we keep in close contact. these people are amazing blessings to people who need help. 

Did you actually read this post? Now you are suggesting the OP steal more from people who can actually use the help? That do not spend more on entertainment a month than some of us pay for our HOMES? Those people need help! This OP is just entitled and feels that she should get what she wants, because she wants it. Please do not direct her to sites that will allow her to deceive and steal from more people!

Good for you. Direct her to a place where she will take from someone who needs it. That site is for people who are suffering. You disgust me as much as the OP does. Let me guess? You steal from people, too.

Please take your "Steal anything you want from anyone because you are entitled to do so" attitude somewhere else. Like out of the country. Stop sending people to scam companies like WUAH. It is disgusting. Why would you do that? Horrible.

so...I am going to make an assumption here...you are anywhere between 18-25. you have a lot of pride. you make good money. and you complain about taxes. you think that we, as the older generation, should have done a better job of preparing you for the real world. you hold us responsible for your bad times. you resent us for not giving you more. and now, you work hard to make sure you have everything that your parents wouldn't let you have. 

how far off am i here? 

of course...you wont admit to it. even if i am 100% correct in my assumptions. You will still reply back denying it, calling me some more names, complaining some more, and then claiming to not care what i think. 

Ah, pretty far off with your assumptions. I have no reason to lie.  My parents were losers who never did for themselves, although they STILL never used welfare. They got sick of paying a mortgage, they walked away. They got sick of paying a bill? They didn't. I own a successful company that the more successful it gets, the more the government cuts me off at my knees.. I own a home and have not lived with my mommy or daddy since I was 17 years old.  And for the record, that was close to 20 years ago. My parents did not make me who I am, I did, lady. The part you are right about? I work hard. I have since I was 14 years old. I have never asked for a handout. I really have no issues with welfare, when it is NEEDED. When a bitch is stealing it? I get pissed. People who don't are NOT paying attention and have their heads under rocks. So, Sherlock. You are not even close to being as good  or smart as you think you are. 

oh dear...

you say i am not even close. but your life story you just laid out is EXACTLY WHAT I JUST SAID. with the exception of your age. 

but just as i said, you are denying it, even in the same breathe as confirming it...

Cher53
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Were you not paying your bills? Wow a $400.00 phone bill and $300.00 cable bill? what the hell do you do live on the Internet and phone? That is ridiculous....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

how far off am i here? 

oh dear...

you say i am not even close. but your life story you just laid out is EXACTLY WHAT I JUST SAID. with the exception of your age. 

but just as i said, you are denying it, even in the same breathe as confirming it...

No, it doesn't, but I do not expect you to be able to comprehend simple English. MY parents are not to blame for MY life. I do not BLAME them for anything. I made my life, not them. I hold nobody responsible for my "bad times". You are bad at assuming, you are bad at comprehension and you are bad at guessing, so stop. You do not know everything. You seem to know nothing, actually accept how to make thing sup in your head. If I blamed them, if I held them responsible for my shortcomings, if I felt they did not prepare me, I would be a loser who expects handouts. Like you and the OP. I think you are old, whiny and think you know everything, when you probably have shit and will never have shit. I think you laid out your life and claimed it was mine. Grow up.

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Don't.  Get rid of the cable.  Get a prepaid cell phone.  This way you won't overspend again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM
You're never completely trapped in the bill. There's always a way out. Nice try on the captain save a hoe bit though.

Quoting Anonymous:

how do you know that her and her DH didnt get those smart phones BEFORE hard times hit? and now they are trapped in the bill. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Did your mother never teach you the difference between a want and a need?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we have smartphones and we are on the lowest smartphone plan. We cant get any lower without buying new phones that arent smartphones.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

I don't follow.  How does it not make sense to lower your bill?  And why would you have to buy a "new" phone? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Then I'm buying new phones just to lower my bill. So either way I still have to pay each bill I have, buy new cheaper non smartphones. And then lower our bill. Doesnt make sense.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

What exactly do you need a smartphone AND internet for?  I think you could cut one of those out at least.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes and I cant change it without buying new older non smartphones.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

You have a FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR PHONE BILL??!!?!

giftedone78
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Quoting Kevin Hart- " I know y'all want your money, but the way my bank account works....." :)

You have to get rid of those bills that is too damn high for a cell phone and cable bill! I'd do without! And how you forget to check your mail box? Why are you surprised when you know you are behind anyway? I had a friend in the same position as you and due to her carelessness, she got evicted.....twice! I check my mail every day because I get my ads and coupons so I can save! I often change my cell plan when there is a cheaper plan. I have a smart phone and Internet at home and yes, I have gotten FS (my daughter was disabled) before but I had to cut my bills down in order not have to worry like you are now! If you need internet for work or school, there are the libraries and the school has internet. Hell if you have a laptop with wifi, go sit at MCD or Starbucks and use the wifi for free internet! You need to seriously budget!

1) Gather all your bills and add them up and sutract from your monthly take home pay

2) Figure out where you need to make cuts

3) Remember you also have to factor in, Medical, Personal Items, Gas , Emergencies and Clothes

Once you total all the up see what you come up with!

I'm just being honest! There is help but social services and charities will not help because these are not necessities!

blessedwith
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Its there to HELP. And I need the help so im going to use it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a job.

Quoting Anonymous:

sounds like you need to cut back.... and pay your bills.... yes, you can cut  back.. your "disconnect" fees are far cheaper than continued monthly fees... that and GET A JOB!!!!

So, because you work, you deserve to screw the taxpayer?

It's not there to help you pay for smartphones, cable, and internet.  It is there to help keep you from straving.  If you were starving, you wouldn't have a problem cutting out the niceties like cable, internet and cell phones

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN