Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what the hell is going on?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I forgot to check my mail last night so when I dropped my dd off at school I checked it. I had a $400 phone bill, a $300 cable and internet bill, a $40 medical bill, and letter from my worker saying my FS are going down to $41????!!!!

What the hell? This is ridiculous. How the hell am I going to do all this and pay for food too? I'm crying right now because I cant believe this.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM

sounds like you need to cut back.... and pay your bills.... yes, you can cut  back.. your "disconnect" fees are far cheaper than continued monthly fees... that and GET A JOB!!!!

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM

What exactly do you need a smartphone AND internet for?  I think you could cut one of those out at least.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes and I cant change it without buying new older non smartphones.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

You have a FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR PHONE BILL??!!?!

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM
7 moms liked this

You have 700.00 dollars a month for cable, Internet and smartphones, but get foodstamps? This country is so fucked. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Yes

Quoting beerabitch69:

do you work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Wow, when we were eligible for PA we decided to not have PA and decided to drop phone and Internet until we got on our feet.

Also, there were lots of talk about how if Obama was reelected PA was going to be available to more people, but in lesser amounts.  Sorry?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Then I'm buying new phones just to lower my bill. So either way I still have to pay each bill I have, buy new cheaper non smartphones. And then lower our bill. Doesnt make sense.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

What exactly do you need a smartphone AND internet for?  I think you could cut one of those out at least.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes and I cant change it without buying new older non smartphones.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

You have a FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR PHONE BILL??!!?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Yep.

First world problems.

Quoting Aislinn:

You have 700.00 dollars a month for cable, Internet and smartphones, but get foodstamps? This country is so fucked. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I'm 31 weeks pregnant, I currently live with my ex (father of my child) but I need to move... He doesn't want me to leave but he's freaking crazy and I feel I need to leave before I have this baby.

I was working before I got pregnant, he wanted me to leave my job after we found out and as soon as I did he got really controlling.. Now I can't find a job because no one wants to hire a pregnant woman

As soon as I have her I will find a job.. Hopefully in a daycare so I won't have to be away from her.

I'll soon move out tho, my mom has a bedroom that my son myself and this baby can live in till I get on my feet

Quoting Anonymous:

Woah! I'm not trying to be rude, I promise. But who is supporting you and your children? Why dont you have a job?

Quoting Anonymous:

Hug!

I understand! I have bills on top of bills piling up, also I need to move soon... And my bank account is -6.35

I have no money, no job, a kid and a baby on the way.

Life gets tough, but we are women, we will get through it!

Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, when we were eligible for PA we decided to not have PA and decided to drop phone and Internet until we got on our feet.

Also, there were lots of talk about how if Obama was reelected PA was going to be available to more people, but in lesser amounts.  Sorry?

The way it is going, it is going to be available to no people and help no one because of people like this OP. You do not deserve smart phones and cable and then have the taxpayers paying bills for you. That is not how the system is supposed to work. It is going to destroy the system for those who legitimately need it. Very sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:59 AM
I have a job.

Quoting Anonymous:

sounds like you need to cut back.... and pay your bills.... yes, you can cut  back.. your "disconnect" fees are far cheaper than continued monthly fees... that and GET A JOB!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)