Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you don't believe in abortion EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

then are you willing to adopt a child? And I don't mean in theory...I mean, what are your plans to go out an adopt. If you expect women to have unwanted children, who is going to raise them?

EDIT TO ADD:

Did you know that

• There are 120,000 children in the United States that are awaiting adoption?
  • Orphans are more likely to be involved in violence, trafficking, exploitation, and other various abuses?

{What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine religion is this: to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world. -James 1:27}

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Replies (51-60):
Jennifer_236
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Yes I would
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rockin2_manyMOM
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM
I am not pro-choice or pro-life. I am pro-responsibility. Ok. You are 18 and make a stupid choice and have unprotected sex. I dont believe in my heart that it is right...but I will stand by your right to have an abortion. However, after your first oops abortion...maybe you should have the intelligence to use condoms and birth control. Yes, I know that none of those are 100% but some like implanon and mirena offer more protection from unwanted pregnancies. Once again if someone knows that they become pregnant easily they should do all they can to prevent. I find it stupid to not do all you can to prevent and then having an abortion. Anyways. not actually an answer to the question...but my opinion.
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM
We actually offered to adopt my friend's baby when she was considering abortion. She ended up keeping her baby, which is awesome. But we would have adopted him if she didn't want to keep him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kryptomom
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM
I'm not againstt abortion. I'm against the use of it for convenience when so many contraceptives are available. But i would adopt a child in need. But i think newborns, right now, are easy to place.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:54 AM
I don't mean the adoption of perfect white newborns that ppl have to wait years to adopt. I mean all the children waiting for a home right now in foster care. Some of those kids will turn 18 without being adopted and then be kicked out of the system. And where do they go for thanksgiving dinner? It's very sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Am I going to adopt? No. Are there others willing and on crazy long waiting lists to adopt? Sure are!! I DO think abortion is wrong, I DO think it is murder. We might as well stop prosecuting people for shooting, stabbing, etc. 

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:54 AM

After our kids are grown and on their own. DH and I plan to become foster parents.

k_hall1784
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

My hubby and I have already discussed that we would love to adopt. And not just infants either.

blondie805
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I would adopt. I support a pregnancy center who helps moms to be find adoptive families.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I think it is a very vaild reason. Like OP said, what are your intentions to raise one of these children? What are your adoption plans? If the mother has no option and you want to force her into keeping a pregnancy then tell me how many you plan to adopt because Lord knows how many will get stuck in the system.

Quoting SevenKisses:

The whole basis of that is stupid. Just because there are far too many sluts in this world who don't know how to use BC or keep their legs closed is NOT a valid reason for me to support murder.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM
I offered to adopt someone's baby if she didn't have an abortion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN