Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you don't believe in abortion EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

then are you willing to adopt a child? And I don't mean in theory...I mean, what are your plans to go out an adopt. If you expect women to have unwanted children, who is going to raise them?

EDIT TO ADD:

Did you know that

• There are 120,000 children in the United States that are awaiting adoption?
  • Orphans are more likely to be involved in violence, trafficking, exploitation, and other various abuses?

{What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine religion is this: to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world. -James 1:27}

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I think her point us that women want to ban abortion forcing women to birth kids they DONT WANT.

Quoting mcginnisc:

I have adopted and I'm pro-life...however, adoption and abortion should not even be in the same conversation.. the majority of women that decide to place their children never even contemplated abortion. 

mandy18192
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

If abortion is murder then a blow job is cannabalism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your not eating the penis? Lol I don't understand
Cookies85
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

If not for abortion there would be a lot more babies dumped in ditches and trash cans. Or growing up w parents who never wanted them in the first place, possibly suffering abuse or neglect.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Oh good grief

mom2ljh
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, we are, and we will be adopting in several years. We have our bio child now we want to give a child all ready here a great life. We don't want an infant, we will adopt an older child, one that is "forgotten" and lost in the system.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queencreekmom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Quoting armstrong7984:

Oh I would take any child and raise them like my own in a heartbeat.

My sister worked at a strip club in Vegas as a cocktail waitress and went with one of the dancers to get her as moral support. The girl is young and also addicted, as quite a few of the dancers are, and she is black. When they got there 4 women were standing outside quietly picketing with antiabortion signs. Yes, it was small, but they did approach so Leslie, the girl asked if any of them would be willing to take the baby. They just stared at her. 

I wish one of them would have been like you, but unfortunately most people don't want drug addicted babies. And lots only want healthy, white newborns.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM

i'm pro choice

i plan to adopt. i refuse to have another child grow in my body, it was hell on earth

mandy18192
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM
I'm pro life:) and yes df and I are adopting in a few years
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

i'm pro choice

i plan to adopt. i refuse to have another child grow in my body, it was hell on earth

this..

illinoismommy83
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM
8 moms liked this

Fix the adoption system. Let anyone, single or married, gay or straight, poor or rich, etc., adopt with only a 9 month waiting period at the cost of a hospital co-pay.

What is the incentive for a fertile "unmarried" lesbian woman and her partner to adopt when they would have to jump through so many hoops and pay so much money? What is the incentive for a fertile young couple to jump through hoops and pay thousands when they can "create" a newborn in half the time for a fraction of the cost? What is the incentive for a couple to get berated and yelled at because the husband mooned his classmates in high school and is now a sex offender because of it, simply to adopt when they could make bio kids for less cost and less lectures? Why should a "poor" family who gets by just fine on $35,000 a year be denied another child simply based on financial status?

What if... you believe in personal responsibility and preventing pregnancy in the first place? No one has to adopt if you use birth control pills properly and a condom every time. No one has to adopt if you use the morning after pill right away. In that rare, less than 1 percent time when an unwanted pregnancy occurs despite you taking your pill on time and using the condom properly, well, there are still enough rich infertile people out there to take THOSE kids.

What is so wrong with personal responsibility? Most people are aware of where babies come from and how to prevent them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)