Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you don't believe in abortion EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

then are you willing to adopt a child? And I don't mean in theory...I mean, what are your plans to go out an adopt. If you expect women to have unwanted children, who is going to raise them?

EDIT TO ADD:

Did you know that

• There are 120,000 children in the United States that are awaiting adoption?
  • Orphans are more likely to be involved in violence, trafficking, exploitation, and other various abuses?

{What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine religion is this: to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world. -James 1:27}

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Replies (331-339):
mommyof2soon29
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:29 PM

If a woman wouldnt want children maybe, just maybe she should use proper birth control. JS

Anonymous
by Anonymous 63 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:32 PM
I personally do not believe in abortion (well, I believe it exists...) BUT, I believe in the right to choose. I am confident I would always choose life, but I won't make a choice for someone else.

That being said, I am eternally grateful that my son's mother chose life. I am a mother through adoption.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM

bump for edit

Anonymous
by Anonymous 64 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Actually I have adopted 4 out of foster care in additionton to 4 I birthed. And I STILL don't tell anyone else that they should feel or act as I do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 65 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

If abortion is murder then a blow job is cannabalism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That should be a bumper sticker. lol

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:06 AM
No I have no plans to adopt because I can't afford to, but their are PLANY of people willing to adopt. And maybe if the US would pass gay marriage in more places, the number of orphans would go down because they would be able to adopt easier!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I am pro choice. But I also believe that adopting internationally should be not allowed. There are too many babies/kids in the United States and I believe we should give them homes.

I can understand going through IVF and stuff to have a baby of your own, I can understand not wanting to get a 4 or 5 year old child due to reasons beyond your control (behavior problems and such) But we at least need to try!

And YES if I could financially afford to adopt a child, i would.

Rocker.Mom.07
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM

From what I hear and have read...Adoption isn't that easy, it's expensive and those reasons are why people go out of the country to adopt. The system is fucked. Make BC more accessible and adoption cost reduced. I would love to adopt someday when I can afford it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:44 PM
I can't choose for anyone else but i personally have not and will not ever have an abortions. Its discusting to me and someday I would love to adop a child (:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN