Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't believe in abortion EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

then are you willing to adopt a child? And I don't mean in theory...I mean, what are your plans to go out an adopt. If you expect women to have unwanted children, who is going to raise them?

EDIT TO ADD:

Did you know that

• There are 120,000 children in the United States that are awaiting adoption?
  • Orphans are more likely to be involved in violence, trafficking, exploitation, and other various abuses?

{What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine religion is this: to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world. -James 1:27}

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Any baby huh? what about the 6, 7, 11, etc. year olds. Did your cousin want them? No just babies right? Your comment didn't prove anything.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Every time I hear this complaint from pro-choicers, I think about my cousin (and countless others) who spent years on a waiting list for a baby, any baby to adopt. The families are out there waiting. Don't tell me there arent enough people willing to adopt the unwanted. My cousin is now the proud mom of 3 beautiful kids, one being of a different race and one being special needs. Your argument is tired. Try another.

Mortiferouslatt
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Yeah, I hate that. There are many children waiting to be adopted but people only want the infants. There are plenty of toddlers even 1-3/4 waiting to be taken into a family. Everyone loves babies and forgets about the other children.

Quoting Anonymous:

Any baby huh? what about the 6, 7, 11, etc. year olds. Did your cousin want them? No just babies right? Your comment didn't prove anything.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Every time I hear this complaint from pro-choicers, I think about my cousin (and countless others) who spent years on a waiting list for a baby, any baby to adopt. The families are out there waiting. Don't tell me there arent enough people willing to adopt the unwanted. My cousin is now the proud mom of 3 beautiful kids, one being of a different race and one being special needs. Your argument is tired. Try another.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM
So you're a hoarder? ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Drop them on my doorstep, I would take as many as I could fit in my house.
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Well, since it was babies we were talking about.... yeah, still proves something.  But if you really want to go there, how many stories do you want me to tell about  (white) friends I know who adopted 6 and 8 yr old African American siblings? Or the couple who had already raised their 3 bio kids and then adopted older children. How about the friends of mine who adopted 6 (yes 6) children of various ages who all had downs syndrome. Or the family at my church who adopted a kid who was just about to age out of the system. He was practically grown. I could keep going.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol yes, I will happily hord babies:) my luck they would all be screaming at the same time:)

Quoting Anonymous:

So you're a hoarder? ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Drop them on my doorstep, I would take as many as I could fit in my house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I would adopt. I've already tried with three children. One woman decided to abort (she told everyone she "miscarried", I only know the truth because she slipped up in a conversation-I didn't call her out on her lie-she lies all the time. But I didn't clean her house or keep her kids for the week like she was asking-because she miscarried and was stressed). The other lady decided to keep the baby. I was also willing to adopt a child that was supposed to be down syndrome (initial test showed possibility), but baby ended up fine so parents kept him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I'm pro life. I was in the process of an adoption. Emma lived with us for 6 weeks before they took her back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM
It's not tired if its true. There are thousands of children already born that need good loving homes. Why should women bring more into the world to add to that system?

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, I would take any age. Every child deserves to be loved fiercely unconditionally . They are all perfect :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Leissaintexas:

MomandWife6
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Ive had my tubes tied which means I do not want anymore children but if someone came up to me, told me they were pg and wanted to have an abortion unless I agreed to adopt their child I would adopt. Children are innocent and should not have to suffer for the sins of their parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured