Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FRUSTRATED...Long

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
My sister has always been a shitty mom. Men always came before her child. Her daughter was taken by the father when she was about 7. The daughter wasn't happy so last year at the age of 16 she moved in with my hubby and I. My sister always played the victim when it came to her daughter. Still does. My niece's dad sends us $150 a month to help us out and my sister had the nerve to say he should be sending more. She doesn't do ANYTHING for her daughter. I'm so stressed out because having a teenager is challenging. I know my sister won't do a damn thing for her daughter for Christmas either. Last year she got her a Snuggie and then got her son (who lives with her) an X Box 360 and Nintendo DS and a flat screen TV. My husband and I are trying so hard to be good influences on my niece but it's very hard to know how to make her happy and help her to grow into a good person when she hasn't had that most of her life.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
areyouatroll
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Wow I would be taking your sister to court for child support
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Why doesn't the Dad get CS?  If he does, is he giving it all to you?  Or is the Mom just scott free?  That just makes me mad when a parent does crap like that.  I should know, my Mom spoiled my brother and it was hard to know she favored him.  Although, my Mom was never that bad, it still hurts when you're growing up.  I'm sorry.  She is lucky to have you guys in her life.  I had an Aunt that always made me feel special and she was a really good influence for me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM
My sister never has a job so she doesn't have to pay child support. She always told her daughter she tried to contact her but her dad wouldn't tell her. She lived an hour and a half away. Now my sister lives 10 minutes away and never calls or comes to see her. She always has an excuse and a "poor me" thing to tell everyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
She shouldn't even be allowed too see her if she is always going to make her feel shitty. Just keep showing her love and raise her the way you would your kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Its sad because my niece wants her moms love and attention and it's obvious. My sister just doesn't care. Men and drugs have always came first. My husband and I try to help her and be there for her but it pisses me off that my sister won't step up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM

has your niece confronted her mom? if not, i think it may be time... i'd also tell dad to get child support or something from the mom, to help with the costs... even if she isnt working, if she's able to- she needs to get a job. ANYTHING will help...

does your niece have a good head on her shoulders? even though she witnessed a lot of bad things, doesnt mean she has to follow in those foot steps. i hope she knows that you guys will be there for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)