Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
This morning on the way to work I had this pain on the lower left side right about where my pelvis is. It hurt enough to make me uncomfortable and lasted about 5 minutes and if I touched that area with any pressure it felt like it was bruised even though its not. After 5 minutes the pain went away but it still feels bruised if I put any pressure on it.

My back started hurting about an hour ago and it's a constant dull pain on the left side and again if I put any pressure on it it feels like a bruise. That pain hasn't gone away.

So what does that sound like? My best guess is kidney stones or infection but there is no pain when I pee or the need to go frequently. I e had utis in the past and there was never pain just a constant need to pee and not being able to pee.

I will go to the doctor or er if the pain gets worse. Right now it's more of a nuisance than anything else, I don't even feel the need to take Tylenol or Advil for the pain.

Ok edit since a lot of people mentioned pregnancy.

We had sex in feb and I got pregnant and miscarried in march. We went through a rough patch and still are going through a rough patch so we've had sex twice since then. Once in September and we used condoms and he pulled out and then once last Sunday the day before my period started and again we used condoms and he pulled out.

So I'm not pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Replies (71-80):
mommyrocioof3
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Ovarian cysts. They hurt like a bitch
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Constipation. Keep that in mind. I have felt just like that many times and turns out I was constipated or gas was blocked. :/

3mom627
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I was thinking appendicitis, but it's the wrong side. The morning I woke up with an appendix attack, I just thought it was some kind of cramps.

3MOM627

have a nice day

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:47 PM

constipation or gas or both.

Shelley927
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM

It could be alot of  things but a trip to the doctor  is your best bet.

NiCo86
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM

are you close to your period? My hips and lower back hurt when I am PMSing just before starting  my period.

My husband has kidney stones, this does not sound like kidney problems to me.

sweetz684
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM

gas?  I'm not kidding.  That can really hurt sometimea

potgieter
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I had the same thing, drs tested for ovarian cysts and kidney stone, ended up being a kidney stone. Pain started at night, before bed, went to ER in morning at 7am. it only got bad the last hour before going... 

you described what it felt like in the beginning to a T.. let us know what it is

tommyfan5
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:32 PM

this

Quoting asmalltowngirl:

Cyst on ovary? Go to the doctor

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I will. The pain is no longer in the front just my upper back on the left side. The pain has been there all day but nothing horrible.

I live maybe 5 minutes from an er and 15-20 minutes from the Texas medical center so like I stated in my op if the pain gets worse ill go to an er.

Quoting potgieter:

I had the same thing, drs tested for ovarian cysts and kidney stone, ended up being a kidney stone. Pain started at night, before bed, went to ER in morning at 7am. it only got bad the last hour before going... 

you described what it felt like in the beginning to a T.. let us know what it is

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)