Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If he's NOT the dad why would I care about your pregnancy?!!

Posted by   + Show Post
My cousin, who is like a brother to me, got his heart ripped out when he caught his wife cheating over a year ago. He has been trying to find her for divorce reasons but she keeps dodging the papers. Well this morning I get a friend request from her. I click on it to Reject it and find shes pregnant!

I text my cousin like wtf? And he said "yea, she's been asking all my cousin's who are moms for support, she probably just wants to ask you questions. She doesn't know you know what happened. But feel free to tell her where to shove it"

So I messaged her that I have no intrest in her pregnancy but especially not in her and not to contact me again. I then blocked her.

How messed up is that? Would you reach out to your Exs family?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM

There are two sides to every story. Maybe she just wants the chance to tell hers...

tarakay0417
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM
No I would not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Tell your cousin to run an add about the divorce in the newspaper for 30 days. (Check your state to see the timeframe) When she doesn't respond he can go to the court and be divorced and he needs to hurry because her ass might try to get him for cs because since they are legally married that child is legally his. You and his other cousins might want to send her copies of the convos too.

supercarp
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I am still friends with my ex's family. Our break up had nothing to do with them. My sister's ex contacted everyone in our family in order to badmouth her. What a jerk.

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:38 PM
She's a looney toon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:44 PM
I just wouldn't have said anything. Yeah she apparently cheated on your cousin but there are two sides to every story. What happened between them is between them. Denying the friend request would have been sufficient.
daiseymae2
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Wow! She's special.

He should check and see if post a message in the newspaper where she was last known to live. A lot of states allow you to do this if you can't find the person you are divorcing.

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Shit is right.. hindsight sucks lol

Quoting CheesyKitty:

Shit if I was smart, I would have asked for an address to send her a baby gift. Then gave that to my cousin for the papers.

sdunaway08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:09 PM

So, little advice for your cousin to get his divorce. Have the judge supoena (sp?) her by certified mail. It will only give her a certain amount of time, here is was 45 days, for the next court date. If she fails to appear but the certified supoena processed successfully, he will be granted his divorce. I went through the same thing. My ex husband would never sign the papers and would not show up at court. So my judge did that for me (cost about $50) an 45 days later I was legally divorced.

And yeah, she sounds like a bag of drama. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

JLS2388
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Is there even the smallest possibility the baby could be his or did she get pregnant after they separated? If there was even the smallest possibility, I would talk to her and maybe help her a bit because this baby could be a member of my family. If not then I wouldn't have anything to do with her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)