Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If he's NOT the dad why would I care about your pregnancy?!!

Posted by   + Show Post
My cousin, who is like a brother to me, got his heart ripped out when he caught his wife cheating over a year ago. He has been trying to find her for divorce reasons but she keeps dodging the papers. Well this morning I get a friend request from her. I click on it to Reject it and find shes pregnant!

I text my cousin like wtf? And he said "yea, she's been asking all my cousin's who are moms for support, she probably just wants to ask you questions. She doesn't know you know what happened. But feel free to tell her where to shove it"

So I messaged her that I have no intrest in her pregnancy but especially not in her and not to contact me again. I then blocked her.

How messed up is that? Would you reach out to your Exs family?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Replies (41-50):
rawrmommysaurus
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

He can get divorced, essecailly if she keeps dodging him.  He needs to talk to a lawyer about divoce in absentia.  The time frame varries by state.  

She sounds like a drama starter.  Does she even know who the father is?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:17 PM

It would really depend on the situation.  When I married my husband  we were living with my ex-mother in-law, she was my maid of honor and my ex's Aunt even made my wedding cake for free. (she had charged me when I had married her nephew)  My ex was a jerk and his family really had nothing to do with him after we divorced, matter of fact his father served him the divorce papers.

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

why wouldn't you become fake besties so he can serve her?

tennisgal
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM

maybe not in THAT situation, but I would miss my BIL's wives if they/I ever got divorced, so maybe. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM

well I would have emailed her with my opinion, waited for her response, then blocked her! lol 

SweetPoison
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Have him get a PI to find her. If she still refuses by law he can go to court and file for divorce without her signature. She doesn't have to sign it. it just makes it easier. He can tell the courts its on grounds of infedelity and the proof is she's carrying another mans child.

If he doesnt do  something about this NOW I gaurentee she will put him down on the Birth certificate as the father becase they are legally married and there isn't anything he'd be able to do righta way. He'd have to fight it in court and it could be a long battle.

JessiBell
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

My son's father has been with his current girlfriend a few years, and every time she is pregnant she messages me questions and stuff. LOL it is the strangest thing ever, because my sons father has nothing to do with my son, and none of us talk or are friends.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Yeah...my thoughts too!

Quoting CheesyKitty:

Shit if I was smart, I would have asked for an address to send her a baby gift. Then gave that to my cousin for the papers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:13 PM

No, I would not. But that's just me.

wyldebtrfly
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I wouldn't unless we were friends or something (my SIL and me were friends for a while before her and my brother got together. If they broke up I would still be friendly with her) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)