Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i cant get my daughter what she needs for christmas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
And I feel horrible. Luckily she is too little to understand. We have come on very hard times and literally every penny we have is going to pay the mortgage and back taxes on the house. We live with my mother and have desperately been trying to find jobs. But in our tiny town, no one is hiring. Without a vehicle or bus system it makes it nearly impossible to get one. We have had a garage sale the past several weekends to sell everything we can. But only made around 50 bucks. As bad as it sounds I've even thought about putting my baby girl in temporary Foster care until we are on our feet. I feel horrible! Before any basing, I'm not asking for handouts, I'm just depressed and had to get it off my chest.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Hugs and prayers that things get better for you momma.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Thank you!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Hugs and prayers that things get better for you momma.

sunshinebebe26
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:24 PM

IT WILL get better !! Hang in there !!

vale131
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

It WILL get better. It always does. May just take some time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:28 PM

you put your dd in foster care, you might as well be prepared never to get her back. It's one thing when the courts take your child, and another when you give her up. It will look BAD on your part. Just stay strong and continue looking for a job... go back to school even, you can qualify for grants that will give you cash each semester and pay for school. You can even do online school (that's what I do). 

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM
4 moms liked this

Her attachment to you is far more importan than material goods. Seriously.

Keep her with you and apply for aid.  Call churches, go to the Salvation Army, food banks.

Things WILL get better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Thank you. We did get a small bit of good news. We have an old classic car we are trying to sell. It doesn't run, but someone is willing to trade us a working vehicle for it. It would save our house from being auctioned off in two weeks because of the taxes. We would be able to get jobs!

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

IT WILL get better !! Hang in there !!

HunternChase
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Hugs.. Hang in there..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
friendlymom5
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:31 PM
You should check with your united way office about toys for tots. Or salvation army for angel tree. I hope things get better for you guys. Hugs
mom2bell
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Good luck hope it gets better real soon! And remember its the Christmas season... It's not always about presents, but amazing things happen all the time have faith
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)