Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To all my haters...and my lovers too

Posted by   + Show Post
I just found out that I have been legally divorced since November 8th. Three days before what would have been my 15th wedding anniversary.

So, when my SO and I had sex this morning, he wasn't fucking a married woman for once!

I can now say we are engaged and mean it.

Woohoo for being legally divorced!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM

As long as you are happy! love ya!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Congrats!?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I'm not saying people should never divorce, but at least give the kids time to heal before getting married again and starting a new family

Quoting katiehopson:

Do you know what happened in her marriage?

Quoting Anonymous:

This is so sad for the kids. Their family was torn apart and before the divorce is even final their mom is making a new family. What are they going to grow up and think of when they try and find a wife? That families are disposable and as soon as one goes bad just start another one?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:28 PM

lol at the people getting worked up cuz you got a divorce. is there another side to you moving on or what? LOL

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Woooo!

MrsRi
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM

CONGRATS!!! Hope your future is happy and filled with love!

mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

This is so sad for the kids. Their family was torn apart and before the divorce is even final their mom is making a new family. What are they going to grow up and think of when they try and find a wife? That families are disposable and as soon as one goes bad just start another one?

Actually, research has shown, kids are better off in a broken home rather than a home that is unhappy and full of tension.

Also, many divorces take years. I seperated in '96 yet my divorce wasn't final until the end of '99.

You don't know the who story. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Children don't (& shouldn't) know the ins & outs of divorce. If OP has been seperated from her exDH for a while, how will the kids know the difference between a "legal" divorce or not?

I'm sure her kids have no idea about the paperwork & long process that is involved in a divorce. All these kids see is mom & dad splitting & mom moving forward to be happy. I'm sure they are unaware of the paperwork/legal side of all of it.

I don't understand how her decision to get engaged & move on before the divorce is final is any different (for a child) than the parents who rush a divorce, get it legalized & THEN move on with a new life?? What is the difference to a child? :/

Or, are you one of those people who don't believe in divorce at all?

You make it seem as if OP was with her exDH last month & is now engaged to a new guy. If a significant amount of time has passed..... What difference does the legal side of seperation make to children?

Just wondering. Your statement here seems to be full of accusations & judgment. Just wanted some clarification & perspective, is all?

Thanks! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe your kids aren't, but my kids are old enough and smart enough to understand things on more than a basic level. They know the relationship was not positive and had been over for a long time. We have been separated for 3.5 years. They know that 2 years ago, their mom found happiness and entered into a committed, loving relationship. My SO treats them well and they love him. He has more of a presence in their lives than their father. He is a better role model as well. Their dad is 44 years old and is too busy with his flavor of the month 20 year old girlfriends to pay attention to them or worry about their well being.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:30 PM

happy days :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN