Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is no excuse for any child to wake up on Christmas morn ing and not have something

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

to open...Yes you might be broke, yes you might have fallen on hard times...But with all the charities out there and all the help for Christmas that is going on there is really no reason at all any child should not have something under that tree come Christmas morning...

Here is just a few places to check out..

Toys for tots

Catholic charities (no you don't have to be catholic)they will help with gifts for children up to the age of 18

salvation army

Most towns have some type of help (call the town hall)

the school (most schools offer help just call and ask)

Freecycle.org

***Sorry i guess i should have clarified this is for the ones who celebrate Christmas****

If you have others to add please do so..so it might help out other families

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
Debalexxa
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM
When I was about 4 our house got broken into on Christmas eve they took everything there were no presents on Christmas morning so my parents took us to our grandparents so we had stuff there....I don't remember this but my sister and brother remember...kinda sad that someone did that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiehopson
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:06 PM

"Okay". And there are REASONS for a child to not have a present on Christmas. My friend has grown up not getting presents for Christmas because her parents have told her and her siblings that they want to use the money that would be spent on presents on a donation to a charity.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being christian really has nothing to do with it, because their are alot of people who are not christian and still celebrate Christmas :)

Quoting katiehopson:

Unless they're not Christian....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so sad, i am sorry thast your family had to deal with a bunch of assholes stealing your christmas that year :(

Quoting Debalexxa:

When I was about 4 our house got broken into on Christmas eve they took everything there were no presents on Christmas morning so my parents took us to our grandparents so we had stuff there....I don't remember this but my sister and brother remember...kinda sad that someone did that...

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM
my dh's simple tooth extraction just got upgraded to surgicaly removed. I have no idea how much of a price difference this will be but it most likely will be hitting those christmas funds. sigh, I saved all year, too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is great that they donated the money to charities, however I all so find it sad they didn't even put one present under their tree for their children...Children don't need a ton of gifts, but even one gift cam make a child smile :)

Quoting katiehopson:

"Okay". And there are REASONS for a child to not have a present on Christmas. My friend has grown up not getting presents for Christmas because her parents have told her and her siblings that they want to use the money that would be spent on presents on a donation to a charity.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being christian really has nothing to do with it, because their are alot of people who are not christian and still celebrate Christmas :)

Quoting katiehopson:

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I'm not Christian but I celebrate Christmas. It's just a fun time of year and I love it! Christmas has different meanings to everyone. Sorry to get off topic. :)

Quoting katiehopson:

katiehopson
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I get that. I should have been more specific. I just meant like people of different faiths. :P

Quoting Ali5683:

I'm not Christian but I celebrate Christmas. It's just a fun time of year and I love it! Christmas has different meanings to everyone. Sorry to get off topic. :)

Quoting katiehopson:

katiehopson
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Eh. To each their own. Have a great Christmas. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it is great that they donated the money to charities, however I all so find it sad they didn't even put one present under their tree for their children...Children don't need a ton of gifts, but even one gift cam make a child smile :)

Quoting katiehopson:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting katiehopson:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:11 PM

That is great if your kids are under the age of 12. We are a family who is homeless. We make "to much" for any kind of help and all the charities limit gifts for kids over the age of 12 unless they are foster kids. 

Yes, my kids will wake up with no gifts. They will get gifts from other family members but like you all say on here if its a big ticket item it should be sold and that is what we'll do. 

We have 3 to 4 more weeks of being homeless and hopefully we can get our lives back on track.

Quoting Anonymous:

to open...Yes you might be broke, yes you might have fallen on hard times...But with all the charities out there and all the help for Christmas that is going on there is really no reason at all any child should not have something under that tree come Christmas morning...

Here is just a few places to check out..

Toys for tots

Catholic charities (no you don't have to be catholic)

salvation army

Most towns have some type of help (call the town hall)

the school (most schools offer help just call and ask)

Freecycle.org

***Sorry i guess i should have clarified this is for the ones who celebrate Christmas****

If you have others to add please do so..so it might help out other families

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.There are also stores like 5 Below and Dollar Tree so even if you dont have a lot,something is better than nothing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)