Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In the wake of someone else's tragedy...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

we realize what we really have. Yesterday I was frustrated with my kids, my husband, my life. I was angry and overwhelmed. I woke up this morning to find out my friends 2 month old son died of SIDs at daycare yesterday. All my sorrow for myself went right out the window. We get so caught up in the little things in our lives, we forget to be thankful for what we have. My kids are health, my baby is alive. I will hold my kids tighter, tell them I love them a little more. My friends son was just 6 days younger than my son. We updated each other regularly through pregnancy and after the boys were born. I am at a complete loss of words and feel like a zombie today because I am so overwhelmed with sorrow for her and her family. It opened my eyes to realize that my house can be a mess, I'd rather pick up my kids toys and clean their plates than have to bury them in the ground. Not just on Thanksgiving, but every single day I will be thankful for what I have. There is so much tragedy in my group of friends right now, its unbelievable. I know a family who recently had a baby who has to have open heart surgery, a friend whose daughter is severely sick, a friend whose house just recently burned to the ground (luckily they all got out alive), and now this. I can't imagine any of this happening to my family. At all. Count your blessings people.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skyelyns_mommie
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:18 PM
My prayers to the family and hugs to you to mama. I to was frustrated today with my daughter whinning all morning plus I'm trying to pack for a get away this weekend but after hearing this all I want to do is hug my daughter tight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmendoza316
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM

My prayers go out to your friend, I can not even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. Im def. going home after work today and holding my kids alot tighter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I still can't stop randomly crying. I haven't let my son out of my sight all morning. I thought I was a helicopter already, now I think I'm going to be even worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:28 PM
I couldn't agree more. Our good friends lost their daughter 2 weeks before she was due. She was a beautiful 7lb baby born asleep. We were with them just 2 weeks before that laughing and getting so excited and guessing what sex the baby will be. I'm so sorry for your friends loss.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Heart wrenching. I can't imagine a greater pain than losing a child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HunternChase
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Prayers to all..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Agree!:( It's so hard to remember how lucky we are with lifes every day stresses. It's sad that sometimes it takes tragedy to remember:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:37 PM
My cousin's baby passed away from SIDS. It was the saddest funeral I have ever attended. She has never been the same.

My son was going through the autism diagnosis process at the time. I was worried about his future and ours as a family. When that happened, I was so thankful that he was alive to have a chance at a future.

I have to admit, although my son is 3, I still check on him several times a night to make sure he is breathing. My cousin's loss was a big shock to the family and it made me even more paranoid.
momlovesdaisies
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry for the loss of your friend's baby boy. My prayers are with that family. We all take for granted sometimes that we are so blessed with our healthy children, jobs, roofs over our heads and food on our tables.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:40 PM

That is so terribly sad

A few years ago I was a part of another mommy forum. A mom lost her son due to SIDS. The boys birthday was the day before my sons. It really shook me to the core. I couldn't even imagine the hell she was in. I remember just hugging my son so tight. I remember I felt so tired from how horrid he slept but suddenly it didnt matter as much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)