Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i hate this, i wish i could quit right now, this second, but i can't.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

when i started working here i was optamistic, i had heard many bad things but chalked it up to angry employees who had lost their jobs for whatever reason.

i came in, re vamped the menu and tried very hard to get local custom back.

i work alone, as chef, waitress and booking agent, we do mostly confrences, the reputation of the place is beyond repair localy, and i now know why.

i get yelled at for throwing out spoiled foods, spoiled meat, vegetables and dairy. wtf am i supposed to do with it?! i can't serve it, but he wants me to!!! are you kidding me?! he wanted to put cottage cheese over 2 weeks past its best before date in the lasagna. SERIOUSLY? NO! 

omg. today we had a conference in, soup, salad, sandwich buffet, i had it all ready to go, no problem here, but due to how slow it has been was not expecting much else.

a couple comes in, the rich snobby type, he wants a pizza, she wants a clubhouse. clubhouse takes 5 min, pizza takes longer, obviously. 

go to make the clubhouse and pull out the back bacon we use, there is black fucking mold on it. 2 packages had been pulled, now i will yelled at that they went bad. they had only been in the cooler for 2 days. frozen before that.

so i improvise. and i go to make the pizza.....the pepperoni has turned since yesterday, had to slice more, mushrooms no good. omg. pizza sauce, moldy. had to open a new one. you name it. it took me forever to get that damn pizza in the over. mr and mrs snobby mcsnobberson are bitching about the wait. 

i can't explain that due to my boss' refusal to let me tos anything unless it looks like a science experiment gone wrong has hampered my ability to put good food out quickly. 

got the woman her clubhouse she dismantled it. i know everything on it was fresh. i feel insulted. 

oh and my boss runs an "international boarding school" out of his house, it is nothing like what the website suggests. he has 2 chinese boys living with him, he feeds them the spoiled food from the resturaunt. he gives me shit if i try to feed them something freshly made. they paid $30,000 tuition FOR WHAT?! he makes them do push ups if they speak their natural language, chinese.

oh and he has been trying to find a replacement from china to take my place. now he is all pissed off because immigration laws have changed and you can no longer charge extortianat fees to ensure someone a job in canada. now it will not be as lucrative to bring a chinese woman over to take my place cooking. 

my babysitter goes to vancouvar tomorrow to participate in a thespian event, and i had to beg my boss to give me an advance so i could pay her before she leaves. 

finally cuts me a cheque today, but refuses to let me leave early so i can get to the bank in time to cash it. now i have to drive 80km to the city where the nearest bank machine for my bank is. and then 80 km back.

i hate this place. i hate this place, i hate my boss, he is a slimy pos. 

i am being pulled from work to be put on sick leave in 6 more weeks....6 more weeks...can i handle 6 more weeks? 

oh and the boss keeps all the tips from confrences. although i do all the cooking, serving and cleaning myself. i watched him pocket MY $70 TIP yesterday, nevermind all the tips he has pocketed since i started here. 

i am 4 1/2 mo pregnant, and i am so depressed, tired, over worked and stressed right out. omg. i hate this job. i hate this place. i hate my boss.

**cries*

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Replies (31-37):
beerebelly
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:33 PM

lol some ppl put cottage cheese in their lasagna. No clue why,ew, we use ricotta.

Quoting Meghan6391:

Did you say cottage cheese in lasagna

Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I use ricotta and shredded cheese (no i refuse to shred it myself.. i dont trust that tool lol) 

Quoting beerebelly:

lol some ppl put cottage cheese in their lasagna. No clue why,ew, we use ricotta.

Quoting Meghan6391:

MamaDee83
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:35 PM

dafuq???????

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Yep...and take pictures, document what you can in the meantime.  You can turn that in to the food inspector and the labor dept.

Quoting Anonymous:

If it was "ME," I would wait until you are no longer employed there, and then call and report him. That way, you no longer have any ties to him. Good luck!!

Quoting Anonymous:

i already called the labor board about the tips, but it isn't their "jurisdiction" and their hands are tied, although they knew who i was talking about right away. i feel like i can't do anything, because to do so would risk my job. i don't know what to do...

Quoting Anonymous:

WOAH!!! He needs someone to turn him in NOW!!!! You cannot serve spoiled food to ppl!! GROSS!! Taking YOUR tips?? TOTALLY ILLEGAL!!!! I hope you are able to handle the next 6 weeks!! GOOD LUCK!!!

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:40 PM

It's cheaper than ricotta.

Quoting beerebelly:

Quoting Meghan6391:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

truuuust me, i have been a click clicking...pic of this pic of that, pic of the invoices to show the tips he is taking..everything.

Quoting MicheleJM:

Yep...and take pictures, document what you can in the meantime.  You can turn that in to the food inspector and the labor dept.

Quoting Anonymous:

If it was "ME," I would wait until you are no longer employed there, and then call and report him. That way, you no longer have any ties to him. Good luck!!

Quoting Anonymous:

i already called the labor board about the tips, but it isn't their "jurisdiction" and their hands are tied, although they knew who i was talking about right away. i feel like i can't do anything, because to do so would risk my job. i don't know what to do...

Quoting Anonymous:

WOAH!!! He needs someone to turn him in NOW!!!! You cannot serve spoiled food to ppl!! GROSS!! Taking YOUR tips?? TOTALLY ILLEGAL!!!! I hope you are able to handle the next 6 weeks!! GOOD LUCK!!!

beerebelly
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Oh that's why? I just thought people preferred the taste. I'll stick with ricotta!

Quoting MicheleJM:

It's cheaper than ricotta.

Quoting beerebelly:

Quoting Meghan6391:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)