Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think she's lying!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:39 PM
  • 11 Replies
Because of my disability the state pays a maid to come 2x a week to help me with housework that I can't do. The days she comes are Wednesday and Fridays, she suppose to come from 12:00- 2:30 on those days. Well, today at 12:30 (a little after) and says she's running late because she had to pay her phone bill before it got shut off. I said that's ok, no problem.
When she called she was slurring her speech, but said she had taken her medicine for a cold she's been fighting for over 2 weeks.

A little over an hour later, the phone rings, her name came up on the caller ID. I answer expecting her to say she's almost there or something (she takes the public bus), I answer and its a man!! He says he is one of her clients and he fell in the bathtub and needs her to come take care of him until his brother gets home in 3-4 hours.

Well, right away I begin to suspect something because why is he calling on her phone but according to him, she is on her way to my house, (how is he calling from her phone if she is on the bus coming to my house). I don't know why she didn't just call and say that she can't come today, it would not have been a problem, if she would have been honest and just said she couldn't come, but why have some guy call and make up a lie (or even if its the truth why didn't she call)?

She's a very good worker and will even stay to finish something even if she goes over her time.
I just don't get why she couldn't just talk to me and tell me the truth. I've had issues with maids in the past stealing, just not showing up for weeks and not even getting the stuff that they are paid to do done. She was not like that at all, until now!!!

Ok vent over, I just had to get this off my chest.
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:44 PM

wow, I would report it. 

And I have never heard of the state paying to have people's homes cleaned if they are on disability. Why can't your husband help (assuming you have one)?

Thibmom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM
You don't suspect she's in any kind of danger, do you? That's what ran through my mind. The guy calling is suspicious. Slurring speech is suspicious. And the fact that she's a good worker...yeah. Il report that to someone in charge, especially if this is out of character for her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:52 PM
I work for a home health care agency and im not sure if its the same where u or her live but here if she is recieving pt ot or skilled nursing in the home medicare will provide a home maker also there is another program here called doors that provides homemakers as well but i dont know what u have to do for that

Quoting Anonymous:

wow, I would report it. 

And I have never heard of the state paying to have people's homes cleaned if they are on disability. Why can't your husband help (assuming you have one)?

Momof2angels88
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

wow, I would report it. 

I am a single parent to 2 girls, I had to have their dad arrested in September for domestic violence.
My girls are 11 and 5, and they do help out, that is why the maid comes 2x per week so they are not having to do so much. They are kids, they have chores but they shouldn't be expected to do everything I can't. The maid comes and does what I can't. She DOES not clean up after the kids, she only does their laundry, they are responsible for their room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Quoting Momof2angels88:

Quoting Anonymous:

wow, I would report it. 

I am a single parent to 2 girls, I had to have their dad arrested in September for domestic violence.
My girls are 11 and 5, and they do help out, that is why the maid comes 2x per week so they are not having to do so much. They are kids, they have chores but they shouldn't be expected to do everything I can't. The maid comes and does what I can't. She DOES not clean up after the kids, she only does their laundry, they are responsible for their room.

I see! It's great your girls are helping you out some! :) Can I ask what's wrong with you? I'm seriously just curious! :)

Momof2angels88
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I have many diagnosis, but to name a few, fibril myalgia, chronic and severe asthma, 2 bulging disks in my back (that Dr wants to surgery in but also warned that it could end up making it worse because of where they are located), plantar fasciitis, plus several others. I've also had carpal tunnel surgery that did not work. I am currently on 28 different medications, including 2 pain mess, 4 asthma meds, and 3 migraine meds. Believe me, with the pain that I go through everyday I would rather work 24/7 and not have to go through it. But I can't. This is not the life that I want to live. Do you think I like being broke ALL the time and not able to buy my girls the things that they need, let alone anything they may want.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Quoting Momof2angels88:

Quoting Anonymous:

I have many diagnosis, but to name a few, fibril myalgia, chronic and severe asthma, 2 bulging disks in my back (that Dr wants to surgery in but also warned that it could end up making it worse because of where they are located), plantar fasciitis, plus several others. I've also had carpal tunnel surgery that did not work. I am currently on 28 different medications, including 2 pain mess, 4 asthma meds, and 3 migraine meds. Believe me, with the pain that I go through everyday I would rather work 24/7 and not have to go through it. But I can't. This is not the life that I want to live. Do you think I like being broke ALL the time and not able to buy my girls the things that they need, let alone anything they may want.

i'm sorry mama, sounds like you have it rough! 

Destiny907
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I would think you should keep track of her attendance, and give reports! Bad workers can be fired!

Momof2angels88
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Ha! You don't know the half of it. I also suffer from severe depression (that what happens after you lose not 1 but 2 kids, I had a baby that passed away when she was 2 weeks old, due to NEC and my oldest son was murdered when he was 15 in 2008). I've had a very rough life and wish I could just wake up someday and find out it was all a dream and I'm no longer in any pain and ALL of my kids are here with me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Quoting Momof2angels88:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ha! You don't know the half of it. I also suffer from severe depression (that what happens after you lose not 1 but 2 kids, I had a baby that passed away when she was 2 weeks old, due to NEC and my oldest son was murdered when he was 15 in 2008). I've had a very rough life and wish I could just wake up someday and find out it was all a dream and I'm no longer in any pain and ALL of my kids are here with me.

wow! :( 

I lost my baby when he was 2 weeks old too. But still, that's nothing in comparison to you! Hugs! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)