Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I spanked my dd and the neighbor got mad.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
I am outside with my 2 year old dd. she was playing with her dora bike. She got off her bike and darted off to the street. I grabbed her real quick and smacked her leg. I told her that was bad and she had to stay in the carport. Of course she screamed like I was killing her. My neighbor gave me a dirty look. When people drive down our road they think it a speed way. There are kids always playing in the street. Oneday someone is going to get hurt bad. No I wasn't on cm when it happend.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the4mutts
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I do the same with mine. Ignore the neighbor. Its your kid, IMO you did the best thing. I always wanted my small kids to associate the street with pain. Keeps them safe.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sampson200
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM
3 moms liked this

I would have given you a dirty look, too.

I think smacking kids for things like that doesn't do anything but upset the child.

Does she continuously dart out into the street? Then keep her inside. That is her punishment for that, until she learns.

But she is only 2.

In the front yard, if you're concerned about traffic in your neighborhood, with a toddler, you really should be beside them all the time.

the4mutts
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM
19 moms liked this
Of course it upsets the child. That's kind of the point. Keep them inside till they learn... How can they learn if they're always inside? That will make the street a novelty to be stared at from the front window like a dog that never gets taken for a walk. First thing they do is run off.
She was obviously beside her, or she wouldn't have been close enough to "grab her real quick"
Smack on the leg hurts less than being hit by a car, and teaches her that the street = hurt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:22 PM
After I spanked her she didn't try it again.

Quoting sampson200:

I think smacking kids for things like that doesn't do anything but upset the child.

Does she continuously dart out into the street? Then keep her inside. That is her punishment for that, until she learns.

But she is only 2.

In the front yard, if you're concerned about traffic in your neighborhood, with a toddler, you really should be beside them all the time.

sampson200
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Awesome.

Good for you.

Keep it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

After I spanked her she didn't try it again.

Quoting sampson200:

But she is only 2.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:28 PM

You deserve the dirty look.  Your daughter is two....if you're concerned about her darting off into the street then why don't you take her to a park with a fence?  There are other ways to disclipline your child....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Because dh is at work and we only have one car

Quoting Anonymous:

You deserve the dirty look.  Your daughter is two....if you're concerned about her darting off into the street then why don't you take her to a park with a fence?  There are other ways to disclipline your child....

LectioDivina
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:31 PM
7 moms liked this

Screw her... continue to save your child's life.

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:31 PM

????, How exactly is keeping her inside going to teach her not to go out in the streets? And I'm sure the OP didn't smack her too hard.

Quoting sampson200:

But she is only 2.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Ask your neighbor if they need their butt smacked too. I did, now they don't give me any kind of looks they mind their own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN