Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you wear make up... i need your help...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies

ok so i hate to admit it but i do not know how to do my make up and im in my late 20's  :/

i have very sensitive skin so i have been researching on the internet but still can not figure out what i am suppose to buy.

i have worn foundation in the past and i dont like the heavy feeling of it. i would like to have a lighter make up that wont irritate my skin. i have some scars on my face and woud like those covered as well...

anyone who can give suggestions or point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. 

btw my skin tone is fair and i have dark hair if that matters

also any suggestions on facial wash and products to help keep my skin healthy would be great too.

feel free to share what type of skin you have and what makeup works best for you

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mesh2
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I would go to the mall and talk to one of the consultants there. They can help you try some things out and you will not be obligated to buy. 

shortycmlb
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I honestly cant tell you what to do/use unless I see a pic of your face makeup free.

eyeheartsin
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I wear light powder but focus my makeup on my eyes and eyebrows. I also use baking soda to scrub my face about every other day and virgin coconut oil to remove make up and also as a moisturizer daily. I use a bentonite clay mask once a month ( clay mixed with Bragg's raw apple cider vinegar)

I've done this for 2 years now and my skin looks better than its ever been. I'm 29.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Quoting Mesh2:

I would go to the mall and talk to one of the consultants there. They can help you try some things out and you will not be obligated to buy. 

i live in a very small town and the nearest mall is over an hour away... unfortunately i dont get to a mall very often and would like to look nice when i go a job interview next week....

4noodles4me
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM
I was thinking the same thing

Quoting shortycmlb:

I honestly cant tell you what to do/use unless I see a pic of your face makeup free.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM

It depends on the stores policy.  At the mall I go to, you are REQUIRED to purchase 3 items before ANY of the cosmetic consultants  will pull out ANY of their make-up and help you. They had way too many women coming in, trying out their products, and leaving without buying ANYTHING!!!

Quoting Mesh2:

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:30 PM
I use arbonne. Its hypoallergenic and powder formulas. I love it! It's a bit expensive but worth it. Mine i paid $250 for and still using it two years later. Also youtube vids are great for learning different looks. I'm a cosmetologist and use them sometimes too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:30 PM
I use bare minerals and love it. It is very light on my face but covers well. I have a fair skin tone and I also have sensitive skin.
missym31
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Bare mineral is great.. Its a powder foundation very light and covers everything.. I love it..

skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Bare minerals has powder that you use a brush to put on. So light and you can't tell you're wearing makeup even. Makes me feel pretty :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)