Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No Christmas at my house this year...

Posted by   + Show Post

But it's a good thing.

We are packing up and going on a 16 day vacation to Southern California. Disneyland, here we come!!!! My kids are 14,15 and 16...they have never left Alaska and never been on a plane...the last time I went on a plane or left state was in 1993. 

We agreed...no tree, no presents...just Vacation and we are going all out. Disneyland, Universal Studios, Venice Beach, Sea World, the zoo....and all the restaurants that we don't have in Alaska...Sonic, In & Out Burger, Red Lobster.....and on and on.

35 Days...I feel as excited as my kids  ***Woo Hoo***

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:01 PM

The Huntington Library and the Ghetty Center are great too.  And whatever you do don't go to Disneyland on Christmas Day or the day after. They pack it to the gills until it's just plain dangerous; if there was a fire or an earthquake I can't imagine how many people would be hurt or killed. 

mmeredith
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM

That's so awesome!!! HAVE FUN!!!

kidkrazyinAK
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM

No Red Lobster, we have only had Olive Garden for about a year. We don't even have Chili's anymore (well, there is one in the airport, but who goes there for dinner) We get all the commercials for national chain restaurants, but we don't get to ever try it.

Quoting ripemango:

the only thing that stands out is that there arent any red lobsters in Alaska....i didnt know that :P

MissMissfit
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I don't know. All I know is I've had it twice, and I still dream about it constantly.

I get the manly burger

http://www.umami.com/umami-burger/eats/umami-burger-anaheim/

Quoting kidkrazyinAK:

Always looking for a good burger...What makes it so amazing?? I love burgers!!

Quoting MissMissfit:

If you want to have the most amazing burger you've ever had in your life, go to Umami Burger. There is one by Disneyland.

allycally
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:04 PM
If you ever want to come to Louisiana we can house swap...lol..I've always wanted to go to Alaska
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kidkrazyinAK
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:04 PM

OMG...That sounds and looks sooo awesome. Any idea if they have less fancy burgers for the kids?? My kids aren't impressed by "fancy" food. (they don't know what they are missing)

Quoting MissMissfit:

I don't know. All I know is I've had it twice, and I still dream about it constantly.

I get the manly burger

http://www.umami.com/umami-burger/eats/umami-burger-anaheim/

Quoting kidkrazyinAK:

Always looking for a good burger...What makes it so amazing?? I love burgers!!

Quoting MissMissfit:

If you want to have the most amazing burger you've ever had in your life, go to Umami Burger. There is one by Disneyland.

ripemango
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:05 PM

that is just mean!

Quoting kidkrazyinAK:

We get all the commercials for national chain restaurants, but we don't get to ever try it.

Quoting ripemango:

the only thing that stands out is that there arent any red lobsters in Alaska....i didnt know that :P

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

MomandWife6
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation!!!

yayay15
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Awesome!!!!!! Have fun!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Have lots of fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN