Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHY TRY?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

I am so sick of trying to clean this damn house. My kids are little tornados and they destroy.... DESTROY EVERY ROOM THEY ENTER!!!

I have been cleaning ALL DAY and I can't get a thing done. As soon as I finish a room, I walk out of it to find the other rooms are DESTROYED! I am really really REALLY getting pissed and fed up with this sht.

For THE LOVE OF GOD why can't they sit down and play with a toy instead of slinging crap in the floor? My youngest walks through rooms grabbing stuff and throwing it in the floor. If there is nothing to grab then she will go to another room completely and find stuff to bring in there and throw around.

My son "builds" things. Today he grabs a laundry hamper (dumped all the clothes out from the laundry room through the kitchen) lays it out in the floor, then gets bowls and 4 glasses out of the kitchen, dumps the diapers out of a diaper box and adds the box to the pile (and on and on) TO BUILD A TRUCK? A truck? In the middle of the dining room. All this crap piled up in a pile of madness that only he can understand, and calls it a truck.

My daughter started throwing blankets, shoes, my purse dumped out, books with pages ripped out, toys and paper all over the place.

I cleaned her room and as I was clearing and picking up the catastrophe in the dining room, kitchen and living room, she went into her room and dumped out her toy box, cleared her book shelf and dumped it in the foor and kicked all her bed covers into the floor.

I finally gave up. I'm sitting on my ass on the computer while she walks around the house with her dinner dropping it all over the floor. I have no idea what kind of nightmare my son is creating in his bedroom. I just thank god the door is shut and he is isolated to one room.

help.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Maybe I should change the title to "I look like Angelina Jolie"

_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM

get organized?

idk have rules, be a little more strict? teach your kids how to clean a little? 

take toys away? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Im sorry. But i gotta ask...Why do you allow this? That would drive me crazy!
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Make some damn rules. Teach them to follow them For now get locks so they cant get into clean rooms on you.Food is eaten at the table you get down that means you are done eating.Clone momma its not rocket science.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Tie them to chairs until you're done?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Have you considered supervising & disciplining them? Call me crazy, but it just might solve your problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:05 PM
make them clean it.
momtofour84
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like they need rules and some discipline. How old are they?! If my kids did that they'd get the belt across their tush!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Destiny907
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was young, and watched my beloved "period" movies, especially British ones. (which I STILL adore) and read so much... I used to think it odd that anyone who had any means to do so, had Nannies, AND a NURSERY wing of their house.   To which the children were restricted to until they were older, much older....

NOW I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND.  Because yes kids ruin things.  So they should be restricted to a nursery wing until they are more civilized! LOL 

ANd now I understand and applaud adjoining master bedrooms, also!   Turns out the Brits had it completely right all along, GREAT ideas.

twinmom86
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol this has been my day too! I try to put my son (21 months) in one room so I can clean another but he just destroys that room in about two minutes and then screams like I've left him all alone for hours. I give up and my house looks like shit!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)