Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Back Pain After Epidural

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:42 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hello, I had 2 epidurals for 2 pregnancies. The first one gave me a spinal headache which went away on it's own and since I've had the 2nd one (4mo ago) I've had pain in my spine/vertebrae everyday. It feels like my vertebraes are jammed together but I had an x-ray at the chiropractor and there's no such thing in my back. I'm assuming this pain is from my epidural. I only feel this pain when I bend over or stretch my back.

For those who have had epidurals, do you have cronic back pain?

& No, I don't want to hear how you had an unmedicated birth and how epidurals are evil and other hootnanny biased things.

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Traceyssel
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:45 PM

BUMP!

nzumbrun
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:47 PM
I had pain for a long time after all 3 of mine.
OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:47 PM
I had slight pain in my back where I got mine. It felt more like sore how it feels when you push on a bruise (but it was constant, not only when I pushed on it). It went away after a few months. I kind of got used to it being there and didn't really notice it lol so I don't know exactly when it went away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Nobody.
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I had an epi 7 years ago and I have zero side effects. My SIL has had two and her lower back hurts pretty often. She can't lift heavy things anymore but I dont know if she's ever been to a dr for the pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't have any issues with mine, I just want to pat your back for telling all the natural birth mommies to shove it !

black_rose19
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I've had one epidural, and sometimes my lower back will be sore for no apparent reason. Which I never had any problems with my back before the epi. But, I cannot have anyone poke me or touch me in my lower back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Yes, I felt the epidural space for 8 months after getting it, I never got it again because of that.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Yep I have had back pain ever since my 1st baby. That was 11 yrs ago. It doesn't go away, and they can't see anything on Xray.

Ashleeduhh
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I've heard that's common with epidural..see a doc about it and if necessary they can give you pills to help with the pain. I didn't have any side effects with the one I got.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I had spinal headaches. I had to go in and get a blood patch to fix the massive week long migraine.

Yes, my back still hurts 22 years later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN